theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

He is the reason why people are loving the film.

Poeple who loved him already are loving the movie because of him. OW is terrible which means he didn`t put asses in seats so many will miss his performance in STID. Star power he isn`t and never will be.

Oh, amd I haven`t sene the movie but based on praises for Cumber he definitely isn`t groundbreaking like Joker, Landa, Lector.

Poeple who loved him already are loving the movie because of him. OW is terrible which means he didn`t put asses in seats so many will miss his performance in STID. Star power he isn`t and never will be.

Oh, amd I haven`t sene the movie but based on praises for Cumber he definitely isn`t groundbreaking like Joker, Landa, Lector.

The first part isn't true- I've never even seen a movie with the guy and I loved his performance. The people I went with thought he was great, and they hadn't even heard of him or Sherlock. And saying he isn't as great as three of the top five villains in movie history ain't saying too much.

• Like 1

It got better reviews than IM3 yet no one went to see it -_-.

Come on now. It got a higher percentage of good reviews than IM3 but it wasn't like IM3 was rotten and was panned.  Geez

I'm sure the general movie going audience isn't taking into consideration which movie got the most good reviews. As a matter of fact they don't even care about reviews like that. They pick movies based on the what catches their interest like most of us here do.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Fish, I know you like to hate on Cumberbatch. But, He was damn impressive in Star Trek Into Darkness. Very good performance.

Who cares? We are talking about unimpressive OW. He ddin`t intrigue GA in trailers although he was designed to do so. Maybe he even put them off. That face is really meant for radio.

I didn't know him until I saw this. He was amazing.

And you haven't seen the film? lol

Stealing the show doesn`t equal ability to carry a movie. Many actors work in quirky supporting roles but suck as leads because leading roles are usually less colorful and one needs presence to make not very interesting character engaging.

But CO's role was soo much more than just "quirky". He was downright fierce. He was also great in GP and apparently great in CoM and Inside Man too. Nobody could salvage a bland script like KA, especially when paired opposite that passively hateful Knightfall.

I don't normally disagree with critics, but they were wrong on ST2. It's 60% material at best.

I think that critics will stop drinking JJ cool aid when he needs them drunk the most - come SW7. In hindsight, they`ll downgrade STID and judge SW7 harsher. It always happens.