theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

It's pretty funny. I prob would have been rooting for this if Fake didn't make that > CF club. Ever since then I wanted it to bomb.

They are obviously going to make all THG movies. Trek is risky in terms of whether it gets sequels or not.

Yep, the film faces a huge competition next week, Fast 6 will definitely break out and hit 100m, but that doesn't mean that ST2 will collapse. It's very likely to have a higher second weekend than ST09 anyway.

but then ST 09 jumps ahead with memorial day in its third weekend. 

The Number from Nikki 25-27 is not out of the realm of possibility at all at this point, matinees are very good similar to St09 see how we go into the evening.. for now Im off to eat and throw heavy shit around

• Like 13

The Number from Nikki 25-27 is not out of the realm of possibility at all at this point, matinees are very good similar to St09 see how we go into the evening.. for now Im off to eat and throw heavy shit around

I'm liking Rth's new attitude. :D

• Like 3

That's the key nobody bothers to consider.  It's 4pm on the West Coast. Lots of shows to go.

I think 25-30 is the range... 

If it goes up to 30 then Sat increase will not be large then. 

I give it a 3.25 multiplier from the 3-day. That's slightly worse than ST09's multiplier.

Much to learn you have. 

Its really strange really

In some theaters ST 2 is doing quite well, in other theaters it feels like its IM3 2nd Friday.... Strange really. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

30M+ Friday is definently possible. Almost no one except the fanboys knew that this was Being released on Thursday. The T.V spots didn't make it clear as to when this film was going to be released. So a lot of people thought friday. Weekdays in May will always be unimpressive, just look at IM3.

For reference, check out when KFP2 and TH2 opened in 2011:

http://www.boxofficeguru.com/053011.htm

# Title May 27 - 30 May 20 - 22 % Chg. Theaters Weeks AVG Cumulative Distributor                     1 The Hangover Part II $ 103,426,875     3,615 1 $ 28,610 $ 135,037,242 Warner Bros. 2 Kung Fu Panda 2 60,871,175     3,925 1 15,509 66,675,304 Paramount 3 Pirates of the Caribbean: OST 50,012,338 90,151,958 -44.5 4,164 2 12,011 163,607,625 Disney

POTC dropped 44 % and that's the 4 day vs the 3 day.  It actually dropped 55% for the three day.  That imo, is the minimum STID drops next weekend.  Now keep in mind, that is with two films opening to 150 mill...this weekend coming up is going to have three films doing more than 200 mill.  Trek could drop more.

BTC had 28.5. That is a perfectly good number. But of course more is better.

I don't know why BTC has it drop on Saturday though, I think it should increase.

I give it a 3.25 multiplier from the 3-day. That's slightly worse than ST09's multiplier.

And imo that isn't realistic.

but then ST 09 jumps ahead with memorial day in its third weekend. 

True. But then comes the fourth week where Up had a huge opening and St fell 45%. I dare ST2 to do better against Internship and Purge.

The only bad thing that could happen for it if After Earth breaks out. Otherwise it's facing a smooth June.