theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

True. But then comes the fourth week where Up had a huge opening and St fell 45%. I dare ST2 to do better against Internship and Purge.

The only bad thing that could happen for it if After Earth breaks out. Otherwise it's facing a smooth June.

Even so it needs to open big to get a big gross. 

Its Star Trek not avatar. 

Me either.

Because if most people think it opens on Friday, then it will drop a bit Saturday...plus it will have burned off about 40 mill in two days.

Baumer, why are you so against STID? Did you hate the movie or something? :(

I'm not against it, I'm just being realistic.  How is it supposed to have a 3 multiplier when it is A) a sequel and B) facing 225 million dollars of box office from three films next weekend?

Because if most people think it opens on Friday, then it will drop a bit Saturday...plus it will have burned off about 40 mill in two days.

Ok I see. Did you ever get quickmeme to work for you?

It better increase on Saturday. With no midnight number inflating Friday, it should be able to increase.

It depends on how Friday goes, the bigger that means this was more of the opening day. 

It is opening bigger than ST09 or any Star Trek film, surely that's not a bad thing.

True but you need to go back to 2009 and look at 2013.

What else did ST face in 2009.

Now lets look at 2013..

• Like 1

I'm not against it, I'm just being realistic.  How is it supposed to have a 3 multiplier when it is A) a sequel and B) facing 225 million dollars of box office from three films next weekend?

Having an awesome WoM and a smooth June is how. Even if it gets a huge hit next weekend, I'm sure that it will be tracking way ahead of ST09 and then it can recover in June. 

It is opening bigger than ST09 or any Star Trek film, surely that's not a bad thing.

Which means theres more rush to it....more rush, bigger falls less multiplier.

Having an awesome WoM and a smooth June is how. Even if it gets a huge hit next weekend, I'm sure that it will be tracking way ahead of ST09 and then it can recover in June. 

You mean the one week in June it has to have a small drop is the first week, cuz it will plummet when MOS opens.

Which means theres more rush to it....more rush, bigger falls less multiplier.

what??????????????

No thats true at ALL!!!

<_<

:P

Anyways it will recover over the weekend to about 95-100 million for the 4-day

Edited by Lordmandeep

It depends on how Friday goes, the bigger that means this was more of the opening day. 

Regardless, considering how lame its OD was, it's obvious that there is still plenty of demand to be spread out throughout the weekend. People aren't rushing out to see this so a drop doesn't make sense when looking at the numbers we have so far.