theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

True. That's definitely more the exception than the rule though. Skyfall may be the only 300m movie period to have such a large over 25 share. Maybe Passion did as well, not sure.

Yeah I know it's less common, even for Bond since QOS only had 58% over 25 compared to Skyfall's 75% boosted by the 50th anniversary. And Star Trek looks even older considering Sith was only 52% over 25.

Saw Iron Man 3...I don't know exactly what to think of it. I thought the themes it tackled were ambitious enough and they were mostly executed well enough...gah, I know I liked it, but there's something about it that's nagging me.

Also, the supposed "twist":

Umm..ok? I saw it coming a mile away. And they amped up the humor a bit too much with him.

Maybe a rewatch, Noctics? That usually helps to form a definitive opinion on the movie.

Ugh, did I say "well enough" twice in that last post? Fuck me. 

My friend loved it. But she loves Iron Man to death. 

Shane Black was definitely an interesting director, and I loved that Jon Favreau got his ass burned and was gone for the vast majority of the movie - does he really think he's a charismatic actor?! And don't fucking get me started on that "hair."

• Like 1

Also, Rebecca Hall was wasted. No wonder Blunt turned down the role.

Yeah, she had an interesting character but Black barely used her. 

I would have preferred her as the mastermind over Killian.

Edited by druv10

So only 29% of STID shares were in 3D. Never thought a film like Gastby have a higher 3D share.

Further proof 3D is dying.

Seems like the older audience does not like to rush to a film or see it in 3D...

But yeah never thought a film like this would be that low.

Just caught the last bit of Trek 09 on FX and damn that lens flare is annoying. It gives the sensation that you're watching well...through a lens, and IMO takes away realism, but whatever its still alright. PS is starting over on FX if ya wanna watch.

Advertising for my bet with Sam. :)

:D

Even though my chance at winning is slim now, I already decided on what changes to your sig and avatar are worthwhile. It would be interesting. Don't know if you caught this in the Bet thread, but if you want to do something similar to what Tele did to MGS, my weakness is RDJ  ;)

• Like 1