theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

I'll get around to it once I can find it, do you think the remake will be any good compared to it?

No, not by a long shot!!Robocop was a serious, violent, hard R action movie and it kicked all kinds of ass. Studios no longer bag the balls to make too many movies like that anymore; at least not big budget wise.

Yeah. Not sure what's going on with that.  IM3 opening weekend saw a significant increase from the 58m estimate though. Like now my local theater Edwards Ontario Imax has 0 sell outs for any movie tonight including Trek and Gatsby.

Jay's theater- Irvine Spectrum has 1 sell out in Imax for Trek and 2 for Gatsby and 1 for IM. There are still a lot of shows left.  That's not a lot of business for a Friday night. That theater is probably one of the busiest in Southern California.

Ah, that's true. BTW, off topic, how's the weather over there, E?

And latley I've been obssessed with Django for no reason :P (Even if I've only seen it once back in January)

And last night I found some very amusing Potter remix trailers.

This is a question I meant to ask, but do people think that sci-fi space adventures aren't really an "in" thing at the moment? I'm not sure how they've done in general, but Oblivion just seemed to pass us by most recently and Prometheus didn't do too well did it? Could Star Wars start a revival like it did in the 80s?

Ah, that's true. BTW, off topic, how's the weather over there, E?

Today was a bit cloudy but not chilly. The temperature has been dropping all week. It went from blazing hot 100s to the 70s this week. Crazy weather. Lot of microclimates here.