theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

It does. While I don't expect a great film...it should be better then the 98 version.....

.....Right?????????

I would say that Bryan Cranston being in your movie automatically makes it better...but then I saw Total Recall.

I would say that Bryan Cranston being in your movie automatically makes it better...but then I saw Total Recall.

It was like when someone went "Ladykillers has to be great Tom Hanks is in it!" Then apparently they said "Well I was wrong, everything he touches does not turn to gold"

$9.5M is a great increase for IM3.

$22M is pretty disappointing for STID. I have a feeling that it's biggest problem is simply that it's Star Trek. And Trek has never truly connected with a huge percentage of the GA.

• Like 1

So funny because I posted yesterday that I saw a couple of sell outs last night. 1 at Regal Union Square NYC and a couple in Atlanta.

I'm not surprised at the increase.

Dragon will be happy.

The reason I mention IM3 increase is because some people were dragging the weekday numbers saying Darkness was coming and it would put an end to IM3.

Not people, just Alfred.  :rofl:

• Like 3

Did ST09 simply max out in the same way Spidey 1 and Potter 1 did? I mean it did sell the most tickets out of all ST movies which is unheard of for a franchise that had entries in the 70's. Maybe it simply had the appeal of being a new Trek movie and had people watching it that wouldn't have watched it otherwise, and they aren't coming back for the sequel.

• Like 1

I had Trek at #7 for the year, but now #11-#12 may be its resting place. Not bad considering like 500 films are released a year, but still a little low.

:lol: So true. But yeah if it makes 200M and is number 11 or 12 that be amazing really.

Did ST09 simply max out in the same way Spidey 1 and Potter 1 did? I mean it did sell the most tickets out of all ST movies which is unheard of for a franchise that had entries in the 70's.Maybe it simply had the appeal of being a new Trek movie and had people watching it that wouldn't have watched it otherwise, and they aren't coming back for the sequel.

I think so. Also I notice people saying "I'll wait for this on DVD/Blu Ray" The core audience does not seem to be your typical teens going to see it first thing.

• Like 1