baumer

The Fast and the Furious (2001)

23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Grade: A

Re-watched this a few nights ago in prep and it still holds up.

The funny thing I noticed this time around, cause I've not watched it in a few years, is that when they are looking at the motor specs on the computer they insert an "old" 3" hard disc floppy into the computer!! No flash drives yet. 

• Like 1

The acting is bad, the music is cheesy and the cars are fast. I love it.

8/10

Though it is somewhat more realistic than the later ones. If this was Fast Five, Vince would have gotten off that truck without a scratch :D That chase in the desert is still the best this franchise has ever done though.

• Like 1

I have always liked this film since I was 5 years old and rented on VHS at Hollywood Video all the time and I must say this is a really good action packed film this is on my top 3 of the Fast and Furious series this then Fast six then Fast Five then Fast & Furious then Tokyo Drift then 2 Fast 2 Furious. The ending also was like woah as well. Anyway grade:A-

It doesn't really get good till the end which is a fantastic climax. Before then, it's enjoyably cheesy, but kinda dull. Diesel feels even a bit underused for what made him famous. Still decent. B

Naw, its perfect, Brian is the lead. It makes him much more mysterious and they over use him in every other Fast movie I feel. 

• Like 1

Naw, its perfect, Brian is the lead. It makes him much more mysterious and they over use him in every other Fast movie I feel. 

True and one has to remember, this was supposed to showcase Paul Walker but instead Diesel stole the show.

• Like 1

The Fast and the Furious is a very stupid yet very fun action film. It's the rare one that remains grounded in its generic character far too much, but yet it feels like a positive. Walker and Diesel both have great charisma and wonderful chemistry with each other, and that makes the film enjoyable. The action is a mixture of cheesy camera movements and actually cool staging, which makes them often very cool. The third act is grounded in both character and spectacle and thus is quite tense. The Fast and the Furious is better than it has any right to be, and kicked off one of the greatest modern franchises running. C+