#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

People tend to forget A LOT about GI Joe and Paranormal Activity...

I'm not sure how much gas in the tank those two have left.

I think Paramount needs another mega blockbuster franchise.

Disney has 4 (Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, POTC). They can just sit back and watch the money pour in while other studios are lucky to have 2 mega-franchises.

Trek 3 will definitely happen; the film is a disappointment but will definitely end up making money in the long-run.

So yeah this weekend is perfect. We have a better-than-expected breakout in F&F6, an unexpected breakout in Epic, a failure that we all wanted to fail in Hangover, and three great holdovers. Personally, I'm really happy about Trek. :P

• Like 2

I'm not sure how much gas in the tank those two have left.

I think Paramount needs another mega blockbuster franchise.

Disney has 4 (Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, POTC). They can just sit back and watch the money pour in while other studios are lucky to have 2 mega-franchises.

Lets not forget Disney Animation (Tangled, Ralph and in the future Frozen) and fairy tales adaptations (Alice, Oz and in the future Maleficent and Cinderella).

And Mission: Impossible.

Bank on Trek 3 for 2016. 50th anniversary of the franchise. Do what Skyfall did.

To repeat Skyfall's break-out success they'll need to revamp Trek like Sony did with Bond after QOS.

I don't see how they can do it without resorting to Abram's bag of tricks which have seemingly lost their magic..

• Founder / Operator

To repeat Skyfall's break-out success they'll need to revamp Trek like Sony did with Bond after QOS.

I don't see how they can do it without resorting to Abram's bag of tricks which have seemingly lost their magic..

Abrams' so-called "bag of tricks" are still going to result in one of the best performances of the franchise with STID. They haven't lost their magic.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 4

• Founder / Operator

I doubt any of them will become a franchise.

Jack Ryan, possibly, but I'll believe it when I see it. The absence of Bourne and scattered Bond movies does leave a big hole for it to break out, though.

How to Train Your Dragon 2

Youre gonna jinx it to pull a Trek 2/Panda 2 haha. We know noyhing about it yet that would warrant $400M, and IMO DM2 has a better chance. We'll see though Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

After catching fire, any other movie have a chance at 400M?(till May 2015)

How to Train Your Dragon 2

I'm just saying it has a chance considering the immense popularity of the first movie. It also has all of summer 2014 to itself; the next animated film is scheduled for November 7.... $350M is more likely, but I could see a leggy run to $400M