#ED

4-Day Wknd Est: FF6 - 120M; TH3 - 51.2M; STID - 47M; Epic - 42.6M; IM3 - 24.3M; TGG - 17M

What happened with Wolverine?

A copy was posted online more than a month before release, and I think Wolverine broke the record for most-pirated film ever at that time. (Something like 15 million downloads maybe?)

Obviously cost the studio a lot of money, and I want to say that they actually tried to prosecute (deservedly so of course) the person who leaked it. Maybe?

I know its on pirate bay and what not, but Youtube is the #3 website in the world. They usually catch this stuff. Most regular people haven't heard of Pirate Bay, etc, but Youtube. It may be "too late", but they can still take it down. I mean its been retweeted 15 times, so if someone who rt's it, get its rt'ed 15 times, then so on and so on, it just grows.

Fast 6's target demo most definitely have heard of and use Piratebay.

I posted up Wrestlemania footage and got about 50K views in 3 days and YouTube got me for copyright infringement.

Don't mess with Vince.

WWE obviously has a very close releationship with youtube.

A copy was posted online more than a month before release, and I think Wolverine broke the record for most-pirated film ever at that time. (Something like 15 million downloads maybe?)

Obviously cost the studio a lot of money, and I want to say that they actually tried to prosecute (deservedly so of course) the person who leaked it. Maybe?

Yeah, they caught the person that leaked the movie. The New York man spent a year in prison for it.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/wolverine-pirate-to-serve-year-in-prison/

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

A copy was posted online more than a month before release, and I think Wolverine broke the record for most-pirated film ever at that time. (Something like 15 million downloads maybe?)Obviously cost the studio a lot of money, and I want to say that they actually tried to prosecute (deservedly so of course) the person who leaked it. Maybe?

That's insane. 15 million downloads assuming 50% would've paid is like 50-80 million in lost gross. Didn't something like this happen with Potter? A large portion of the movie leaked.

Don't mess with Vince.WWE obviously has a very close releationship with youtube.

It was live video! Not PPV video! Where are my rights?
  • Like 1

As already stated, OC sucks, lol.

But I'm more impressed with Texas (your state) at the moment. Particularly the Houston area.  Sell outs galore.

Anyway, Long Beach is up to 15 sell outs and still has 8 shows to go!

Southgate is up to 12 sell outs with 1 more show to go.

Ontario Mountain Village

8 sellouts. Done for the night.

Ontario Palace

8 sell outs  4 shows to go

I don't usually Check AMC but I did click on a couple of showtimes that were sold out at the Block at Orange.

They have an ungodly number of showtimes but I have no idea how many sold out since they don't cross out the show times on Fandango. Since rth suggested I check it I'm assuming it's been selling out all day.  They still have 8 shows left.

For FF6 OC sucks. For IM and STiD fans it's awesome!

BY THE WAY

Furious SIX is a dreadful, horrible fucking movie. But I fuckin love it and I'm so glad it's kicking ass at the box office. It's so fucking retarded, I can't even comprehend how stupid it is, and the fact that it's kicking Todd fuckin Phillips love child's ass into next week is the cherry on top, it's just too fucking glorious. LMFAO.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:worthy: :worthy: THE ROCK

I recall MTC's tracking for Wolverine was 106 versus something like 90 from RS, so there was some talk then about whether or not the leaked copy could have cost the film a $100m opening.

Might have cost it the $200 million mark, but you know, so did the movie being terrible.

Those CGI claws.

• Like 1

Might have cost it the $200 million mark, but you know, so did the movie being terrible.

Those CGI claws.

It WAS fucking terrible, wasn't it? It was glorious seeing Star Trek blast that turd.

Still the biggest opener to miss $200m, and it didn't just barely miss it either.

It WAS fucking terrible, wasn't it? It was glorious seeing Star Trek blast that turd.

Still the biggest opener to miss $200m, and it didn't just barely miss it either.

Yeah it's crazy that Taylor Kitsch was already doing sleeper agent roles at causing movies to disappoint/bomb even before his star turns in 2012.

It was my 2nd favorite comedy of the year behind Hangover. The claws and the Adamantium Bullets...my god. You have a guy who can't miss, and they fail to give him Adamantium Bullets.

• Like 1

Which reminds me that anyone predicting $180M for The Wolverine is crazy. It doesn't matter how much better this one is than Wolverine Origins, it's bound to go way down. Just look at what First Class did compared to X3.

Those CGI claws.

Those CGI claws looked like shit.

The plastic claws they glued to Jackman's knuckles in the first X-men movie looked better! :slaphead: