baumer

4 and 3 day Actuals thread (Memorial Weekend 2013)

FF6 dropping 3M hasn't been confirmed yet.

Universal has said $117.1 m domestic in their updated international e-mail.  Still waiting on their domestic e-mail though, so it could still technically change, but not likely.

Edited by JarJarBinks

The main problem is that it wasn't funny.

Right. I think that's cause of how they changed Alan and pumped up Chang so much. The execution of those changes just wasn't funny. Plus the attempted humor at blatant and needless animal abuse for a punchline. So much execution led to the non-funny for this film. 

• Like 1

Yeah a collapse next week is a strong possibility. Maybe 60% drop?.

I think 55% is the absolute minimum. The bigger the drop the better.

.BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 1m

STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS: $47.19M 4-Day Weekend Actual / $156.01M Domestic Total / 3,907 Locations / $12,078

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 1m

THE HANGOVER PART III: $50.26M 4-Day Weekend Actual / $62.05M Domestic Total / 3,555 Locations / $14,138 Location Avg

LOL

Wow. If STID is a flopness what does that make Hangover? Really puts things into perspective eh.

FF6 over After Earth or no!?

You mean 4 day over AE total ... if so, I could see it happening very easily if AE debuts under 40 million.  Well, IMO, no way that film makes more than 120 million without 50+ weekend given MOS 2 weeks later.

117 is great for F&F6 ... 47 for STID is also great. THO3 is just terrible.

Edited by agkman