Hiccup

CAYOM: Crowd Report Thread

• Community Manager

As a note-don't do any films at the end of the year until year 2 considering trailers for films from the next year are usually shown at those.

Like the big May blockbuster trailers.

House on the Hills

Friday January 4th 7:25pm

75% full 300 seater

Trailers-

Divergent- Best reaction. Lots of talk.

The Haunting in Wisconsin- Some jumps. Talk when Sami Rami's name came up.

Horror at the Superbowl- Silence

The Rescue- Some talk. The girls liked the trailer.

Midnight Part 2: Turning Point- Groans and then silence for the rest of the trailer.

Movie: I at first thought this movie would suck but it didn't. I really enjoyed it and it was a very fun movie. I hope it can break out for sure and the audience seemed to like it as well. The characters were relatable and fun. The ending was mixed among audiences. Some liked it (I did) and other hated it. Word of mouth should be mixed put more positive than negative for sure. Plenty of jumps, gore, and intense moments.

I was actually wondering whose movie it was, and then I realised that it was mine. :slaphead:

:lol:In CAYOM A I don't know how many times I finished writing a plot and then I realize "Wait I made that film" :lol:
  • Like 1

As a note-don't do any films at the end of the year until year 2 considering trailers for films from the next year are usually shown at those.

Keep this in mind now, just change the year ;)

I had an idea. What if we do Superbowl spots for our CAYOM films. Everyone could describe a 30 second clip for two of their films that they would like to have an extra promotion and we would make a poll and the spots that get the highest score would get higher opening number but 10m, 5m or 3m? Just a though. Could be fun thing to do.

• Community Manager

I had an idea. What if we do Superbowl spots for our CAYOM films. Everyone could describe a 30 second clip for two of their films that they would like to have an extra promotion and we would make a poll and the spots that get the highest score would get higher opening number but 10m, 5m or 3m? Just a though. Could be fun thing to do.

What? Are you saying that to have the highest opening weekend, you would have to participate? I'm sorry, but no. All the extra-promotion for this game has always been done as a hobby and not required, and this changes the game too much.

What? Are you saying that to have the highest opening weekend, you would have to participate? I'm sorry, but no. All the extra-promotion for this game has always been done as a hobby and not required, and this changes the game too much.

It's a 10m bonus at maximum, how does it change the game? Big blockbusters won't need extra help anyway, it could help smaller movies to open slightly higher. 10m, 5m and 3m bonus, just a little extra for fun, won't effect the tally at all.

• Community Manager

It's a 10m bonus at maximum, how does it change the game? Big blockbusters won't need extra help anyway, it could help smaller movies to open slightly higher. 10m, 5m and 3m bonus, just a little extra for fun, won't effect the tally at all.

$10 million is a lot for the small films.

Well if the tv spot is that good, it's worth it. But the way it seems, people are promoting blockbusters. It's for fun anyway, have a little pre-season contest, won't have a bearing to the totals as the person, who does the actuals can always fudge it with a bigger second weekend drop.

• Community Manager

Well if the tv spot is that good, it's worth it. But the way it seems, people are promoting blockbusters. It's for fun anyway, have a little pre-season contest, won't have a bearing to the totals as the person, who does the actuals can always fudge it with a bigger second weekend drop.

Well, whats the point then?

• Community Manager

It's pure fun. But it can make a difference if a horror film opens to 30m instead of 20m for instance.

Yeah, but it adds an element to the game that I'm against. If you want to do Superbowl spots, fine-but you shouldn't be rewarded for doing so. There's other players who don't participate, for one reason or another, who get disadvantaged by this rule. I would agree with you if the box office of movies influenced how much money a player had to make movies, but as it stands-it simply isn't a good idea to have.