Hiccup

CAYOM: Crowd Report Thread

Insurgent

November 24, 4:15 PM, 45% full

Trailers

Paradise Lost - Not much reaction; looks okay.

The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones - Not much shown in this teaser, but it looks okay.

Psychonauts - Some laughs

Oro - new trailer; looks great and some "I want to see that!"s

Psy: Sorry for Gangnam Styling - Laughs at the clips of Gangnam Style's video.

The Next Dimension - First time I've seen anything for this movie, it looks pretty good.

Movie was good, maybe a little better than the original. Acting was good, and the audience was really liking it, although thanks to their size, they were a bit subdued. I went with five friends, all of them thought it was great, and can't wait for the third movie. I wish I had gone to the midnight show I originally planned...

Spark.

The Last Six: The IMAX Experience

6:15pm

July 18th, Y4

100% full (450 seater)

The crowd was pretty diverse here, ranging from families to predominantly young adults, and there were even a few old folks as well. It wasn't quite as Diverse as it was with Nirvana, but there was still quite a wide crowd.

Trailers

-Tomb Raider - The audience seemed very interested, thanks to its awesome IMAX visuals

-Martian Manhunter - There wasn't much of a reaction, but interest was evident.

-Insurgent - There was a lot of chatter, particularly from some of the young adult girls in the audience.

-Lord Madship - There was flat out silence during the trailer. People were greatly into it.

The audience seemed to really be into the movie. I knew it would be quite a crowd pleaser, even if I wasn't blown away with it myself. Having said that, it was one helluva ride, especially in IMAX. The audience was still not quite as responsive to the humor, though. Neither was I.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

The Last Six: The IMAX Experience

20:30 18 July Year 4

250/250

Audience:

Mix of ages, about 75% males I'd say.

Trailers

Martian Manhunter: I didn't like it much, but everyone else seemed to have a mildly positive reaction to it

Island of the Blue Dolphins: Looks Good, no reaction

Tomb Raider: Looks really nice on the fullblown 15/70 IMAX screen. Crowd loved it too

The Good Die Young: Looks brilliant to me, no reaction

The Movie

I loved it. It was fun, fast paced, well done. There were quite a few characters that were all over the place but I didn't really mind. Most of the chattering I heard after the movie was highly positive. All my friends really liked it as well. Oh, and the IMAX in the film is quite a show.

• Like 1

Chuck Norris & Liam Neeson Vs. The Abominable Snowman

Saturday November 8th

10:15PM

80% full (350 seater)

The crowd mostly consisted of college age males. This isn't really unexpected, given the strong male skew of the movie and the showtime. There were a few girls there, but it was mostly men 20 and older.

Trailers

Alesia - There was some strong chatter for this. People seemed into it.

Game Hunt - A few laughs, but the crowd seemed rather unresponsive.

Escalator - There was silence, although one person looked scared.

Ready, Player One - A big response, thanks to all the nerdy references.

Lord Madship - There was also quite a big response for this, and cheers when Bond came up.

Chuck Norris & Liam Neeson Vs. Bigfoot (Post Movie) - There were big cheers for this post credits teaser

This was an awesome crowd to be with. People laughed and cheered at all the right places in the movie. It's really the kind of movie to see with a big crowd, otherwise it would be a meh experience. This may have been one of my favorite moviegoing experiences of the last year, even though I didn't even love the movie.

• Like 1

Anyways,

Psychonauts

March 27th, Y5

9:20pm

50% full (300 seater)

The crowd consisted of a few families, but there were a lot of college age kids at this showing. Based on its game origin, this isn't a big surprise.

Trailers:

-Shiverin' Gulch - There was some chatter during this trailer. A lot of the audience was intrigued, though this may skew older than most animated movies.

-The 39 Clues: Maze Of Bones - The crowd was pretty silent during this trailer. It would have likely recieved a better reaction earlier in the day.

-Ratchet & Clack - Some cheers when the titular characters came on. This was a big gaming crowd, after all.

-Blue Beetle - There was some chatter, but not too much big interest in the crowd.

-Chris Smith & The Island Of Dinosaurs - Silence, save a few minor laughs.

-Candlelight - The crowd was pretty silent, but there was some intrigue from the older audience members

The fans of the game seemed to really like it. There were plenty of laughs and cheers throughout the movie. However, the great teen-and-up WOM may just be enough to cancel out the fact that it's too dark and bizarre for young children, which may dampen WOM among families.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

20:30 7 February Year 5

~400/450

Audience:

Mostly families.

Trailers

Shiverin' Gulch: The Crowd pretty much loved it. It looks pretty decent to me. I'll probably check this out

Psychonauts: Not my cup of tea, the audience had a positive reaction to it

The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones: Pretty awesome, crowd loved it to

Chris Smith and the Island of the Dinosaurs: Crowd liked it. I did to

The Movie

Movie was decent. It was pretty fun, and classic Suess. The crowd liked it as well, especially the kids. I think that this was probably a better done movie than the Lorax but that is also probably because the storyline is slightly better. Voice cast was great, and overall a good movie.

B/B-

• Like 1

Psy: Sorry for Gagnam Styling

6:30 24 February Year 5

4/200

Audience:

A couple and another girl, and me

Trailers

I arrived late and missed the trailer

The Movie

Horrible. I have no idea why I paid to see this movie. Walked out after an hour, and snuck in to see the Lord Madship screening that just started next door.

F

• Like 5