#ED

Wednesday Numbers (FF6 - 5.7M; TH3 - 3.1M; STID - 2.7M)

Just off the top of my head I know Goblet of Fire had a bigger opening and better legs than Prisoner of Azkaban.

True, but it did have holiday legs towards the end there. F4 and F5 were released at basically the same time of year.
  • Like 1

I guess Identity Thief tanked as well. People need to get their brain fixed when call Hangover 3 a flop. It's disappointing for sure compared to the first two, but at the end of the day it's a comedy and for it to hit 125m is a good number. On what planet does that total considered as a flop? If it's performing like TH2 it might become the highest grossing comedy of the year. Hopefully The Heat will break out and beat it, though. The FF6 and ST2 race is exciting.

IT didn't have a sequel that made maybe 100% more. Face it, it's a flop.
  • Like 1

That too I guess  :P

Whatever then, it's one of the few. And who would've picked this of all franchises to be one?

It is rare I know. And yes the F&F franchise is defying all the normal rules. It is definitely one of the more interesting franchises as far as BO trends are concerned.

Face it, the 10 dollar bill worths the same if it's fresh out of the printer or has been in the circuit for 10 years. It's a disappointment for sure, but you can't call a comedy film a flop (which is a financial term) that grosses 125m.  

Face it, the 10 dollar bill worths the same if it's fresh out of the printer or has been in the circuit for 10 years. It's a disappointment for sure, but you can't call a comedy film a flop (which is a financial term) that grosses 125m.

Flop means something different here than in the real world. Haven't you caught on yet?
  • Like 1

Pretty big drop for Fast 6. Looks like a 60%+ drop this weekend is in store.

There is no reason for it to drop less than 60%. Sunday was massively inflated so a big drop is normal.

Its far from a flop when it will make 400 WW. Nort America is one market.

Hangover 3 cost 100M! I don't think IT did  :lol:

• Like 1

I guess Identity Thief tanked as well. People need to get their brain fixed when call Hangover 3 a flop. It's disappointing for sure compared to the first two, but at the end of the day it's a comedy and for it to hit 125m is a good number. On what planet does that total considered as a flop? If it's performing like TH2 it might become the highest grossing comedy of the year. Hopefully The Heat will break out and beat it, though. 

The FF6 and ST2 race is exciting.

IT was not a sequel to the biggest R Rated comedy ever..its production budget is 30m vs 103m of TH3.

• Like 1