#ED

Wednesday Numbers (FF6 - 5.7M; TH3 - 3.1M; STID - 2.7M)

Now for the heck of it-comparisons:

TH2 made 58.5% of it's gross on it's first 7 days.If TH3 follows this it will make 118.7M

Fast 5 made 49.2% of it's gross in its first 6 days.

If Fast 6 does the same it will make 265.5M

(As a note it is tough to compare Fast 6 to other Memorial Day openers due to them opening on a Thursday or in Pirates 3's case had sneaks on a Thursday)

Edited by Impact

Okay for a major Friday opener on Memorial Day weekend-X3:

58% made on it's first 6 days. If Fast 6 did this it make 225M (I remember that I was using comparisons for Pirates 3 to show that it would make 300M if you got rid of X3 as that lowered the average big time, which of course someone did disagree with)

Now for the heck of it-comparisons:

TH2 made 58.5% of it's gross on it's first 7 days.If TH3 follows this it will make 188.7M

Fast 5 made 49.2% of it's gross in its first 6 days.

If Fast 6 does the same it will make 265.5M

(As a note it is tough to compare Fast 6 to other Memorial Day openers due to them opening on a Thursday or in Pirates 3's case had sneaks on a Thursday)

Wrong number?

TH3 will NEVER reach that figure..ff6 might go a bit above 225.

Never say never ;) You never know, it could jump 100% this weekend ;):P:lol:  (Or it could drop 90%!)

I thought The Hangover III had a chance at 200 but the competition killed it's legs.  I think had it opened this weekend before Will took the spot it would of had a better shot.  "The Hangover III" needed it's own weekend.  They went in like it was 2011 Memorial day again and I don't think that should of been the strategy.  But it's still making money even though yes it's a disappointment.  I think the word "Flop" needs to be retired cause the stuff being called flops today really aren't. Like Shawn and I said, thus far "Jack" is really the "John Carter/Battleship" of this year. 

Ff6 obviously benefitted massively from cheap Tuesday here in Canada....H3 not so much.

They both did

Can ,mkshare/% chg prev day

Mon/tue/wed

FF6 3% -69%,14% +89%,11% -45%

HO3 3% -66%,16% +93%,12% -44%

USA tues droped 57% HO3 & 63% FF6

Overall Can was -71% mon, +100% tues, -43% wed

Can with FF6 has been staying normal or under general trends  in Tor its normal, Montreal its over performing, Vancouver/calgary under

Ho3 Tor normal, over in Mont and Under in Van

• Like 1

Well soon it will get to where you can have big drops on the weekends yet the weekdays will save your film from having bad legs. Best part of being a Summer release ;) (Mostly for kids films though)

They both did

Can ,mkshare/% chg prev day

Mon/tue/wed

FF6 3% -69%,14% +89%,11% -45%

HO3 3% -66%,16% +93%,12% -44%

USA tues droped 57% HO3 & 63% FF6

Overall Can was -71% mon, +100% tues, -43% wed

Can with FF6 has been staying normal or under general trends  in Tor its normal, Montreal its over performing, Vancouver/calgary under

Ho3 Tor normal, over in Mont and Under in Van

Fantastic info.  Thanks RTH!!  Canada had a 100% bump in attendance on Tuesday.  lol.

• Like 1

You had to bring that up.  lol

;)

I wonder how long you and I could bring up random BOM stories of our misfires? (Which are probably more fun then success stories)

• Like 1

Hangover 3 will still make more profit then IT. Even its domestic numbers are not even close to call it a flop or tank category. Are we going to call Avatar 2 a flop if it only makes 550m?

Hangover broke out big and Hangover 2 really overperformed, TH3 is doing decent business. Would have hit 175m easily if it hadn't suck rhinoceros balls.

• Like 1