#ED

Weekend Estimate #s FF6: 34.5 NYSM 27.8 AE: 27.3 TH3: 15.9

Not to sound cynical but poor quality has never stopped a movie from doing big OS

I'm not disagreeing, but I'm saying that the schedule is too crowded for it to snatch a decent amount of people in order to pass your 230M OS prediction. Sony realized very late that the movie is shit and dumped it... Moved its release date back (US), then didn't do any marketing at all for OS or DOM. (Honestly, I haven't seen one single ad in Romania)

btw GOD is it good to be back in the summer season! I'd been waiting for this shit forever! Every weekend brings new meltdowns and victories.

Next weekend should be boring... unless Intership fails to do 15M and The Purge breaks the 20M.

Edited by CJohn

Wait...how do we know it's going to open that low? 1 mil midnights for an original film doesn't tell us anything. 

If a movie with Hogwarts expelled wizards makes more in midnights than this... It tells us a lot. It also has the advantage of 3D, which NYSM didn't.

I actually feel really bad for MNS.He is going to be the only one people blame because of his downward spiral. He had a hand in it, don't get me wrong, but he is far from the prime suspect.

Who is the prime suspect then? The studios? 

If a movie with Hogwarts expelled wizards makes more in midnights than this... It tells us a lot. It also has the advantage of 3D, which NYSM didn't.

I would sooner argue that that means Now You See Me will make more than expected than say After Earth will make sub-20mil. 

Next weekend should be boring... unless Intership fails to do 15M and The Purge breaks the 20M.

Purge will be pretty big, I think. I mean... Horror big. Like 30 something opening and a finish north of 60. Internship will most likely flop, but I'd love to see it breaking out, especially after Hangover disappointed. People might be looking for a decent comedy right now, and they have Internship and This is The End coming up, so we should expect one to break out.

The thing I've always wondered about Big Willie is why he never gave his older son, the football player, this kind of push

Black sheep of the family?

• Like 1

I actually feel really bad for MNS.He is going to be the only one people blame because of his downward spiral. He had a hand in it, don't get me wrong, but he is far from the prime suspect.

He's the fucking director. Of course he's to blame. 

• Like 2

Who is the prime suspect then? The studios? 

They are suspects, too... I mean they moved it a few weeks ahead of release and the marketing was nearly non-existent.

It's opening on the 2nd week of Fast and Furious and The Hangover 2.Not to mention The directors recent failures.It will open up in 2nd(possible 3rd place). Will Smith can only do so much.27M OW / 78M TOTAL

:D

Purge will be pretty big, I think. I mean... Horror big. Like 30 something opening and a finish north of 60. Internship will most likely flop, but I'd love to see it breaking out, especially after Hangover disappointed. People might be looking for a decent comedy right now, and they have Internship and This is The End coming up, so we should expect one to break out.

This is the End. The Internship missed the post-Wedding Crashers boat.