Dementeleus

Monday Numbers (June 3)

Yeah, between MOS taking the comic book fans, and MU taking the families, it could be tough ... will be close to Spider-Man though.

So if it does 405 ... that's like what 360-365 w/o 3D, or am I way off on that.  I'm terrible with 3D converting.

It's really hard to say. Its 3D % has plummeted since the first weekend, people are opting for 2D where possible

• Like 1

Monday, June 3, 2013

<<><><>     >Yr >Mo >Wk >>Next Day TD YD Title (Click to View) Studio Daily Gross % +/- YD / LW Theaters / Avg Gross To-Date Day                       7 8 The Great Gatsby (2013) WB $748,396 -61% -79% 2,635 $284 $129,256,605 25 8 7 Iron Man 3 BV $707,472 -72% -87% 2,895 $244 $385,895,208 32

All of these ageless upsets. It's truly an astounding week.  :wub:

• Like 2

Fast 6 could potentially reach higher due to the overlap in Fast fans and NBA fans. Then again, I'm uncertain of what has more overlap with NBA fans.

Fast 6 definitely would have the bigger overlap. Plus it's in the 2nd week of weekdays so it should hold better than a new release. But I could be wrong, NYSM is definitely showing early signs of a good BO run. Edited by blackspider

• Founder / Operator

It's really slowing down. I'm going to be literally a couple of weeks off with my $400m guess.

Yeah, but I mean, there's actually a chance it doesn't pass $400m for another month. On the flip side, that's pretty positive for my guess that it won't pass SM1 for baumer's game.

I think there with you on both counts. I'm almost stunned at how much it's slowed down. This is the kind of declining momentum I would have expected immediately after opening weekend, not one month into its run. Really weird situation.

Edited by ShawnMR

IM2 grossed another $20m. That would put IM3 at a pace under $405m, and I don't think it's going to have IM2 late legs.

Weekends are fine so I'm not too concerned. And it'll probably get some boost with a double feature with MU.

I think there with you on both counts. I'm almost stunned at how much it's slowed down. This is the kind of declining momentum I would have expected immediately after opening weekend, not one month into its run. Really weird situation.

I know, I had built out a spreadsheet template with estimated numbers and I literally did a double-take. Right now it'd hit $399m on July 1st if it follows my trajectory. It's not going to get any easier for it, losing theaters, screens, and showtimes to the upcoming high-profile releases.

It's the competition.