Plain Old Tele

Monday Numbers (June 3)

I did not like the ending of NYSM..but we should support such movies with original concepts, else watching movies will be like reading comic books with iron man, hulk, batman, he man, she man and bla bla,,,we need MOVIES, not just super hero ensembles...

• Like 6

You might like it but how about the crowd?

THE PRESTIGE is one of the most thoroughly

enjoyable films in recent memory and it made

less than what INCEPTION did during its opening

weekend.

Well of course, I'm just posting my opinion and what I want from the movie.  But judging by the clapping and how excited everyone was leaving I'm going to assume a lot of other people feel the same way.

And I really don't know what those movies have anything to do with one another?

Gatsby's run is a lot of fun to follow.  It's going to hit 150 mill.

My favorite box office story of the year so far.  Whether you hated it or loved it, 6 months ago a lot of people thought this wouldn't open to 30 and everyone doubted the quality after the date move.  Classic case of how marketing can make or break a movie and in Gatsby's case make it the blockbuster they intended it to be.

• Like 3

It's really slowing down. I'm going to be literally a couple of weeks off with my $400m guess.

Crowded Marketplace about to get more crowded. Always had big drops on Monday anyway.

Edited by ECSTASY

Crowded Marketplace about to get more crowded. Always had big drops on Monday anyway.

Yeah, but I mean, there's actually a chance it doesn't pass $400m for another month. On the flip side, that's pretty positive for my guess that it won't pass SM1 for baumer's game.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Yeah, but I mean, there's actually a chance it doesn't pass $400m for another month. On the flip side, that's pretty positive for my guess that it won't pass SM1 for baumer's game.

UGH I changed mine last second, I was predicting under 400m all year, then caved when the question was due and changed it. 

IM2 grossed another $20m. That would put IM3 at a pace under $405m, and I don't think it's going to have IM2 late legs.

Yeah, between MOS taking the comic book fans, and MU taking the families, it could be tough ... will be close to Spider-Man though.

So if it does 405 ... that's like what 360-365 w/o 3D, or am I way off on that.  I'm terrible with 3D converting.

Edited by agkman