baumer

Tuesday Numbers RTH/ERC

WB's early TUE #s: $1.940 m for Hangover 3 and $0.965 m for Great Gatsby.

Also Pt. 1: WB's MON numbers were revised upwards, $1.609 m for Hangover 3 and $0.807 m for Great Gatsby.

Also Pt. 2: it's possible that WED's holds could be a bit better than normal this week since Game 1 of the NBA Finals is on Thursday.

Edited by JarJarBinks

Somewhat misleading given Revenge of the Fallen, which opened on a Wednesday, grossed $200M+ for an opening five-day and barely managed to double that. Still, either way, the $400M+ D mark's pretty impressive no matter where you start. Not many flicks have grossed $400M+ D.

Well I wouldn't call it impressive given the huge opening weekend. The 400 M number is great. But if one relates it to the OW, it's really not.

Somewhat misleading given Revenge of the Fallen, which opened on a Wednesday, grossed $200M+ for an opening five-day and barely managed to double that. Still, either way, the $400M+ D mark's pretty impressive no matter where you start. Not many flicks have grossed $400M+ D.

If you take away $91m ROTF made in its first two days (leaving it with $311m), it still has a 2.85 multiplier. Would've had 2.5+ in any case IMO. 

• Like 1

If you take away $91m ROTF made in its first two days (leaving it with $311m), it still has a 2.85 multiplier. Would've had 2.5+ in any case IMO. 

So, in your opinion, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince had an impressive multipler as well 221/77 = 2.87... If you take away the $80M it grossed its first two days.

Well I wouldn't call it impressive given the huge opening weekend. The 400 M number is great. But if one relates it to the OW, it's really not.

Well you have to take into consideration the massive number of previews IM3 had. That really skewed the opening weekend numbers imo. 

To me, multipliers lose importance when a film has incredible massive openings. I mean, its over 170 mill in 3 days..thats ridiculous anyway you look at it. And this was one of the most competitive May schedules we've had in a while.

• Like 3

Well you have to take into consideration the massive number of previews IM3 had. That really skewed the opening weekend numbers imo. 

It's still part of Friday. I don't think it's really that much of a difference.

To me, multipliers lose importance when a film has incredible massive openings. I mean, its over 170 mill in 3 days..thats ridiculous anyway you look at it. And this was one of the most competitive May schedules we've had in a while.

The opening was massive. People expected a gross higher than 400 M. It looks like it's gonna crawl to reach that mark.

Agreed. To make 400m while other films are making over 200m and over 100m at the same time is quite incredible.

With im3 the film got a boost in admissions and audiences showed up in huge numbers opening weekend...As it was an established franchise it really was never going to break much past IM1 admissions.

The opening was massive. People expected a gross higher than 400 M. It looks like it's gonna crawl to reach that mark.

$400m is a huge amount of money and obvious IM3 is a huge blockbuster. However, the OW had people realistically talking about passing TDKR, and (less realistically) talking about $500m as a goal.

$400m is a huge amount of money and obvious IM3 is a huge blockbuster. However, the OW had people realistically talking about passing TDKR, and (less realistically) talking about $500m as a goal.

But it's like anything else on this board, over reactions abound. Don't recall what people were saying about TDKR.

The only person I remember talking about 500m was BKB. However, the point is you can say what you want, but 400m amid all this competition is nothing to sneeze at regardless of how it got there.  

• Like 2

Exactly.

But it's like anything else on this board, over reactions abound. Don't recall what people were saying about TDKR.

The only person I remember talking about 500m was BKB. However, the point is you can say what you want, but 400m amid all this competition is nothing to sneeze at regardless of how it got there.  

You don't even need to say "competition". $400m is a huge gross, irregardless.

• Like 1