tommycruise

Do movie critics ever just sit down and watch a movie for fun?

This is something I have always wondered. Do movie critics ever stop being so nitpicky and just go to watch a movie for fun? Or are they so ingrained to there evil ways that they just can't help but be critical? I imagine that if all they did was watch movies for work they would get a little tired of watching movies after awhile but still there has some movies they like.

Any thoughts?

Yes they enjoy movies but there job is write a review of a movie. If you watched 3 movies a week and had to write reviews from them. Your attitude would be different. When they are watching a movie for work  they are thinking like a critic but in there free time they sit back and relax watch the movie.

As a film critic for the past two years, yes. I know plenty of other critics who do as well. This stereotype of a film critic who never enjoys what he watches and only seeks to find flaws in it seriously needs to be put to death.

Those kind of people shouldn't be reviewing movies in the first place. 

As a film critic for the past two years, yes. I know plenty of other critics who do as well. This stereotype of a film critic who never enjoys what he watches and only seeks to find flaws in it seriously needs to be put to death.

He speaks the truth.