#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

That's interesting. But that doesn't put the 4 day where his numbers are. Am I missing something?  He's saying

If you roll Thursday's grosses in to Friday, MAN OF STEEL earns $139-$148 million by Sunday. If you separate out, it's $121-$128M total.

For people that went to Walmart screenings for MoS, how much were your tickets?

8 and 11 with all shows at 7 PM so I just don't understand the bitching regarding the previews. It's no different than IM3's previews so stop whining because this topic is becoming very tedious.  -_-

• Like 2

Ray Numbers:

139-148    

139:               148:

12                   12

+                     +

44                    44

+                      +

46 (+5%)          50 (+14%)

+                      +

37 (-20%)       42 (- 16%)

=                     =

139                148

(will do the others later)

This is a very good example...I've been to Mets/Yankees games that have been announced as sellouts but there could literally be 10,000 empty seats...it doesn't matter though, those tickets were sold/bought and the money is there. It's the same thing here...in this business we count the $, not the tickets sold, and it's what (most) you guys/gals always want to do it as (the whole tickets sold vs dollars argument, etc, etc).

But in this case, the tickets were sold.  Walmart had to buy those tickets and then sell them.  WB gets paid whether or not WM sells them all.

• Founder / Operator

Sure.Midnights + Previews were released.Haters says 12M shouldn't be counted for because Walmart didn't sell all the tickets and Walmart just paid WB 12M (There is not one source to prove all this, simple WOM on this forum)Ray Subers says 12M will be added to Thursday instead of FridayPeople say its unfair that it won't count previews like other blockbusters haveNikki Predicts 45M+RTH predicts 45M - 50MNikki Estimates 51MRTH estimates 50M - 55MNikki Revises estimates to 46MRTH says 45M - 50MOfficial estimates arrive at 44M

Isn't it possible/likely that some misinterpreted those $50m+ figures as excluding Thursday? Seems to make the most sense. There's no logic in being underwhelmed by its numbers. None whatsoever.

I slept in late, and I just have one quick question- is BOM the only site counting that 12 million as part of Thursday? What are ERC, Deadline, Variety, and BO.com doing?

We're excluding it for now since that's how WB reported it today.

Ray Numbers:

139-148    

139:               148:

12                   12

+                     +

44                    44

+                      +

46 (+5%)          50 (+14%)

+                      +

37 (-20%)       42 (- 16%)

=                     =

139                148

(will do the others later)

Bullshit. It's not gonna increase from OD incl. midnights on saturday.

From a 44M Friday, the OW can probably only go as high as ~110m :(

9M - mids

35M - Friday day biz

35M - Sat (-0%, flat)

32M - Sun (-10%, GL drop)

111M - Total

On the brightside, even with this number it would have only taken 3.1 days (including 12M Walmart screenings for a total of ~124M) for  MoS to out-gross Green Lantern's entire run of 116.6M.

That's interesting. But that doesn't put the 4 day where his numbers are. Am I missing something?  He's saying

If you roll Thursday's grosses in to Friday, MAN OF STEEL earns $139-$148 million by Sunday. If you separate out, it's $121-$128M total.

His calculator in his smartphone probably died.  :)

• Like 2

But in this case, the tickets were sold. Walmart had to buy those tickets and then sell them. WB gets paid whether or not WM sells them all.

The tickets were sold in both cases. In both cases large corporations bought a shit load of tickets.
  • Like 1

I'm sorry but the future of WB's franchises are at stake, they're probably pumping every dollar into Man of Steel to make it look good.

But they don't have to make anything look good.  Every dollar they made this weekend is legit.