#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

I'm just glad people are still seeing This Is the End. It should do a low 20s 3-day and mid 30s total by Sunday so a 4x multiplier from this weekend will get it 100m. With summer weekdays that's totally possible.

i really hope it has great looong legs :wub:

• Like 2

One can only hope that someday we'll get a sequel to Steel, once again starring Shaq, someday...

The first super hero to weigh more than 400 pounds.

Yep, saw it really late last night. Enjoyed it a lot, but the sound was way too loud for my taste. Looking forward to the Blu-ray where I can have control over the volume. The IMAX screen is amazing. For those of you needing a real IMAX screen in Vegas, I can now confirm that the IMAX at the Palms Hotel is legit. Seats were very close to the screen and the screen was probably 50 feet tall with a more square shape than the HDTV shape you see in LieMAX theaters. Definitely a real IMAX theater and I am happy I got to see the visuals on such a big ass screen.

Argh I hate super loud movies. TDKR was almost too much. STiD was shamefully loud. Or maybe that was just too noisy. There's a difference.

NYSM might fall less than 30% this weekend,  Great to see.  It is locked for 100 mill and hopefully it hits a 4X.

• Like 4

44m is more like what I expected. The Wally Mart thing does throw a wrench into matters though. If you take out the 9m in mids, MOS made 35m on Friday proper. Since 90% of kids are out of school now, this could easily drop from that on Saturday. But then there's the Father's Day boost.

12m

44m

34m(-23%)

30m(-12%)

= 108/120

Great start, but I still believe 300m is far from a lock. So far we have reactions from those who were hotly anticipating the film. I'm very interested to see what the reactions will be from casual moviegoers and those who were more skeptical. To get to 300m+, you have to win those people over as well.

If you take out any previews/mids from the OD, and then extrapolate using these Father's Day openers you get these potential totals:

Toy Story 3- 392m _

Green Lantern- 227m

The Incredible Hulk- 240m

But, as I said, the Wal-Mart thing throws a wrench in that so who knows where this ends up. You could add 12m to those totals if you like, I guess, which would change those potential finals to:

Toy Story 3- 404m

Green Lantern- 239m

The Incredible Hulk- 252m

Obviously I'm not expecting GL or TIH legs so while I still believe 300m isn't necessarily a lock, it's damn likely.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

Coincidentally, I had my very first shwarma just a couple of weeks before TA release last year, after a screening of Titanic 3D, no less!  :P Damn, all this shwarma talk has gotten me craving for one now!

The Original Mamoun's NYC- First place I ever tried it NYC and fell in love with shawarma :wub:

Shawarma King Boston - Best shawarma in Boston when I was studying there.  :wub:

NYSM might fall less than 30% this weekend,  Great to see.  It is locked for 100 mill and hopefully it hits a 4X.

IKR!!!! bring on my sequel!

+btw it has amazing numbers here this wkend :wub: & wom is great

crossing fingers for IM3

thx for correction of the Gatsby numbers!

Shawarma is everywhere here I was surprised to see it in a blockbuster btw b/c I can't imagine Tony eating this **** :D (lol no offence if someone on this forum likes it))))

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 2