#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

I had never seen it before February 2011, but it's so good, except for the stupid gargoyles. This one song is probably the best of Disney animation, period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqGL9B_TPTI

Someone who mentioned Hunchback of Notre Dame.  That movie does not get enough credit.  And this sequence, are you kidding me, this is in a kids film?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS3weMlxLA

Darn you DAR, you beat me to it. :P

Ecstasy, did you get around to seeing Supes yet?

Yes I did. I saw it today. I read most everybody's reviews in RTM. I liked it overall. Had some issues. But it was enjoyable. I think I had the opposite opinion of yours in that I thought the first half as choppy as it was, was better than the second. It ended on a very good note. I give it a B.

• Like 2

That better not be an MOS spoiler.... :angry:

lol I'm watching Superman Returns to follow up my comment about Man of Steel maybe being worse than it.

If Snyder had done the same scene of Superman lifting an island of kryptonite... I would have vomited, literally vomited all over the theater.

You can't possibly be disappointed by the Before movies. It just feels so natural. Linklater is an amazing dialogue writer, everything just feels so raw and real. That's what love is really about. 

The only Linklater movie I've seen is School of Rock. :ph34r:

DEXTER gets to go out on its own terms, that's never a bad thing.

spoilers below about Dexter

Please do not look unless you have been watching the show.

Turn back now last warning!

Dexter might die or be caught if they are planning to end

:(

Yes I did. I saw it today. I read most everybody's reviews in RTM. I liked it overall. Had some issues. But it was enjoyable. I think I had the opposite opinion of yours in that I thought the first half as choppy as it was, was better than the second. It ended on a very good note. I give it a B.

Well I don't know if we are on the opposite side of it, haha. I liked the scenes during the earlier part of the film, but I just felt it wasn't edited very well for whatever reason. Some stronger editing would have made a big impact for the cohesiveness of the film.

• Like 2

That's good. Nothing worse than a series you like getting canceled. That happened with BBC's The Hour. I thought it was really good and they ended with a cliff hanger and then it got canceled, lol. I'm still pissed. :lol:

I'm fairly certain I'm cursed about this. Every show I ever follow on Network TV gets cancelled within the season I get addicted to it. 24, No Ordinary Family, The Event, Awake... I've given up on Network TV. :P

• Like 1

Dexter has been on for a while. What happened the ratings dropped or the actors got tired of doing it?

Yeah, it's not really canceled. They just decided to end it to get good ending. Season 7 is actually the highest rated season of Dexter. Season 8 could top it, since people will be interested in how it's gonna end.

okay I just checked IMDB. It is the same guy, Michael C. Hall.

The story revolves around a family that owns a funeral home business. The father is dead and there is the mother her two adult sons and a daughter. They all got issues.  I thought the first few seasons were really good.  You should check it out.

I wish it was on netflicks.

With that talk of Disney making a live-action Beauty and the Beast movie, I wouldn't mind seeing them do Hunchback in live-action tbh. Cut out the gargoyles, add in a bunch of songs, and make it more loyal to the source material, and you've got an Oscar contender.

With that talk of Disney making a live-action Beauty and the Beast movie, I wouldn't mind seeing them do Hunchback in live-action tbh. Cut out the gargoyles, add in a bunch of songs, and make it more loyal to the source material, and you've got an Oscar contender.

I don't like the idea of them making the animations into live action at all  :mellow:

• Like 1

Well I don't know if we are on the opposite side of it, haha. I liked the scenes during the earlier part of the film, but I just felt it wasn't edited very well for whatever reason. Some stronger editing would have made a big impact for the cohesiveness of the film.

Lack of cohesion was an issue but I like what they tried to do. I do agree with your comment about the humor. There were 2 or 3 scenes that got big laughs. So it wasn't completely joyless. Though right now I can only remember one.

The bar room scene was funny especially when that old bully walked out to his truck. Theater erupted.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

I don't like the idea of them making the animations into live action at all  :mellow:

True... I love Hunchback but I freaking hate the gargoyles. Honestly, they should just bring over Hunchback's foreign stage show to Broadway and I'll be happy.

• Like 1