#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

You should watch MoS just to judge it yourself ;). Who knows you may like it more. But always fun to have another person to cheer NYSM on. Watched it a second time Saturday. Just as good the second time around and definitely noticed more.

yeah if I have spare $$ I'll check it out

maybe 3 wkends from now

even if its all action At least it doesnt have stupid Transformers humor

Glad u liked nysm 2nd time around

Sat number may go up yay!!!

wow STiD nice number :wub:

Now convince someone to please make a decent Green Lantern movie please!

btw if they decide to make another one will Reynolds still play him????

Needs great holds from now on, I hope it makes it.

crossing fingers

WOM is awesome!

Edited by Leyla

There were some gimme questions this weekend in summer game. This was a lit closer than i thought it would be.

Yeah 250 is too high.

I imagine that even if MOS doesn't actually increase on Sunday, WB will revise Saturday down a little (and/or Friday) and pad Sunday a little to make it increase. The story and press for this would be pretty amazing if it increased, and if it gets this close I don't see why they wouldn't. 

The action is easily bigger and better than The Avengers. By far.

The action in TA was good (especially considering it was only Whedon's second feature film) but the humour and character interaction was what pushed it to the next level. Bigger is not always better. That's why I don't want TA2 to try and outdo the action in the first film or MOS just for the sake of it. Making you care about the action is far more important.

• Like 8

The action in TA was good (especially considering it was only Whedon's second feature film) but the humour and character interaction was what pushed it to the next level. Bigger is not always better. That's why I don't want TA2 to try and outdo the action in the first film or MOS just for the sake of it. Making you care about the action is far more important.

Yeah that was one of my big problems with MOS. I'm not a crazy action person. I want to care about the characters and stuff which MOs didn't make me do.

Agreed 100%. Action definitely isn't everything, lots of crap movies from the Pirates movies to Clash/Wrath of the Titans have big set pieces but lots of times, it just falls flat.

The action at the end of the Avengers was just the icing on the cake. I can't really think of too many movies that really connected with audiences like the Avengers. A lot of folks here don't react to movies in theatres but the Avengers really, really got people laughing and screaming.

Transformers 3 definitely had bigger action than the Avengers but you "feel" the action in the Avengers a lot more.

Edited by Deathlife
  • Like 1

Yeah Die Hard 4 has more explosions than Die Hard but Die hard is far superior because the characters draw you in and you care about the outcomes to the action scenes.

Which is why Bayformers 2 and 3 are complete trash.

Yeah Die Hard 4 has more explosions than Die Hard but Die hard is far superior because the characters draw you in and you care about the outcomes to the action scenes.

Which is why Bayformers 2 and 3 are complete trash.

Bayformers 1 was also complete and utter garbage. 

• Like 2

Bayformers 1 was also complete and utter garbage. 

LOL I agree .But a lot of people like it here. And the general audience seemed to like enough to make the god-awful sequel ride to 400 millin. So, whatever.