#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

Humor is needed for some concepts more than others.

Transformers and Avengers need a certain amount of levity since, for the GA, they can be hard to swallow.

That is true. However, i think often times its pushed too much.  For example, I though that all the one-liners in IM3 got old quickly.  I didn't like 75% of the humor in the Transformer movies. Conversely, thought IM1 managed the balance between humor and action very well.  I do think there needs to be a balance, but putting one liners into TDK or MOS the way that they do with IM series just wouldn't work, because the approach is different.  And I don't think that makes any of the movies better than the other, it just makes them different.

This would be an example of an "updated" Wonder Woman. You know the skirt version won't ever make the big screen.

You dont think it will be R - rated :P

They'll need to attach a really low budget for a WW movie considering that the character may not be that appealing to a wide audience. A budget of 100M seems to be about right and they can sprinkle the movie with minimal visual effects for the fantasy island she lives on but they'll have to take the opposite approach of MoS and actually make a good quality movie without too much action to draw in the average joe. Aim for a good story and character development on this one.

Most women would' ent give a flying fuck about WW.Unless you hire SJP and let her live in the city.Its still mainly a male driven comic book movie

You just need a romantic angle with a few hunks in the cast and women will show up like they did for Avengers, TDKR, IM3, and MOS.

Wonder Women will get no smaller ratio of women than those films so it would do just fine.

Edited by grey ghost

I don't have much to say that hasn't been said except that I've never seen my theater as packed at 1 on a beautiful Sunday afternoon as it was yesterday when I saw MOS with my pops. Never though it was possible, actually. 

As much as I love it to happen,  dont think a WW movie can actually work. The story of WW is based on Myth and magics (just like many other DC characters and stories), while Batman and Superman are sci-fi based. They dont fit together in the same live actions cinematic universe.

See what Marvel did with Magic based Thor ? They pretty much reset the settings into a sci-fi world. All the nine realms in MCU now are outer Planets. And they even couldn't use the real Mandarin, who has magic powers in comics, as a character in their movies, because that would ruin their sci-fi set MCU.

I think, to make a workable (and reasonable) WW movie and link it with Superman/Batman/JL, DC probably will have to go the same route as Marvel. Make WW an alien too that would be.

You just need a romantic angle with a few hunks in the cast and women will show up like they did for Avengers, TDKR, IM3, and MOS. Wonder Women will get no smaller ratio of women than those films so would do just fine.

I agree. The Only thing i wanted to say with this was WW dont need to open on mothers daylike MoS opend on fathers day. Thats all

They'll need to attach a really low budget for a WW movie considering that the character may not be that appealing to a wide audience. A budget of 100M seems to be about right and they can sprinkle the movie with minimal visual effects for the fantasy island she lives on but they'll have to take the opposite approach of MoS and actually make a good quality movie without too much action to draw in the average joe. Aim for a good story and character development on this one.

I think Captain America's budget and gross should be a solid target for Wonder Woman.

Her abilities actually deserve bigger action set pieces than Cap.

My 11 and 8 year old daughters watched the Wonder Woman animated movie last week and they kept saying how much of a bad ass (paraphrasing)  she was when she was knocking 9 foot monsters through buildings.

The potential for an epic blockbuster is there. It just has never been attempted seriously.

Don't see a total of less than 325m now, with a definite possibility of 350m. Absolutely amazing for a reboot.

It's bound to become the most financially successful reboot since TASM. Not sure how it will go OS, but I feel that regardless how much, both characters deserve the top spot.