#ED

REVISED Weekend Estimates 6/14--6/16: Man of Steel OW $116.7M($128.7M including WM)

MAN OF STEEL debut adjusted up to $128.7M, or $116.7M excluding Thursday Wal-Mart shows. (Makes me feel even better about $132M prediction)

Still an Estimate, could increase or decrease.

• Like 1

Wondering if it can top Alice's $1,024.3b and become the biggest non sequel ever.

every existing multipler is excellent.

This isn't going to do 650m+ OS, so people should stop expecting 1bn WW. 800m is the target.

I agree. Topping TASM's $752m WW should be the goal.

I believe it will happen in 2015, with maybe another DC superhero film happening in the same year or 2016. They won't rush it, but there's a hurry for getting the Justice League film off the ground most certainly. I just hope that they will properly introduce at least Batman and Wonder Woman films before going with the Justice League film.

2015 seems rushed IMO
  • Like 1

In my opinion, all of Bay's movies, except for The Rock and Bad Boys 1 & 2, are utter garbage.

As much as I dislike Bay's style over substance I really dig The Rock.

Even Armageddon as silly as it is from a scientific standpoint is too fun to deny.

and The Island is underrated. I think Bay deserves some credit for trying to make a semi-serious sci-fi movie.

As much as I love it to happen,  dont think a WW movie can actually work. The story of WW is based on Myth and magics (just like many other DC characters and stories), while Batman and Superman are sci-fi based. They dont fit together in the same live actions cinematic universe.

See what Marvel did with Magic based Thor ? They pretty much reset the settings into a sci-fi world. All the nine realms in MCU now are outer Planets. And they even couldn't use the real Mandarin, who has magic powers in comics, as a character in their movies, because that would ruin their sci-fi set MCU.

I think, to make a workable (and reasonable) WW movie and link it with Superman/Batman/JL, DC probably will have to go the same route as Marvel. Make WW an alien too that would be.

There is a very real problem WB will face moving forward with JLA.  It's like every one wants to see a Batman/Superman team up on the big screen, but if you consider it logically for just one second it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  To push Superman's limits you have to create situations that would logically leave Batman out of the mix.  It just doesn't work.  I mean can you imagine Batman in Man of Steel?  He'd be relegated to running interference for bystanders on the streets.

It works to a decent degree in the Marvel flicks because there power level disparity isn't so drastic but even in The Avengers you have to really work hard to get characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow decent and meaningful screen time.  Maybe Whedon is the only guy out there can do that since he seems to be able to write ensembles better than anyone else right now.

I'd love a Wonder Woman flick, but I'm afraid a JLA flick is going to look ridiculous.  I hope they can nail it though because it is pretty much my dream movie.

MAN OF STEEL debut adjusted up to $128.7M, or $116.7M excluding Thursday Wal-Mart shows. (Makes me feel even better about $132M prediction)

Still an Estimate, could increase or decrease.

That would put it in the top 15 for opening weekends :)

In my opinion, all of Bay's movies, except for The Rock and Bad Boys 1 & 2, are utter garbage.

Pain & Gain > Bad Boys 1. In fact Pain & Gain is his best movie as a whole since The Rock ("The Rock" is obviously his lucky charm) where everything falls into places, performances, story, humor. His style is coming full circle and he is masterful in infusing it throughout. Nothing is painfully bad or garbage like TF series.

Edited by dashrendar44