baumer

Monday #s (Guru)

Think it has to do with the fact that that hand held cam style isn't conducive to a good 3D experience. Way to jittery and jumpy for 3D IMO. Yeah I saw a ton of 2D sell outs here as well last weekend, way way more than 3D. Seeing this in 2D IMAX this weekend, saw it in 2D last week and all I could think was thank goodness we didn't go for 3D (and my wife and I love 3D).

It's not necessarily hand-held camera-work: AVATAR had a good deal of hand-held stuff in it. It's more cutting style and pacing. However, from the opposite end of things, the handheld cameras were one reason Snyder wanted to shoot 2D -- 3D camera rigs are still pretty bulky and he wanted to go lighter because he wanted to go handheld a lot.

It's not necessarily hand-held camera-work: AVATAR had a good deal of hand-held stuff in it. It's more cutting style and pacing. However, from the opposite end of things, the handheld cameras were one reason Snyder wanted to shoot 2D -- 3D camera rigs are still pretty bulky and he wanted to go lighter because he wanted to go handheld a lot.

I noticed the shaky cam in the Krypton sequence, especially when the council members were debating with Jor-El. But both times I watched it, I did not notice the shaky cam post that for some reason. Maybe I was overwhelmed by the action in the 3rd act, but I honestly did not notice it one bit.

Personally, I think late shows will be affected due to the NBA. Not just MoS, but all across the board. If the Heat win today, Thursday night shows are going to be a bloodbath IMO.

Canada doesn't care about the NBA  :D , but yes probably have an effect

• Like 2

Canada doesn't care about the NBA  :D , but yes probably have an effect

Give me a super early estimate that will probably change in 5 hours. :P