baumer

Monday #s (Guru)

$12.5m? What happened to all that $13-$14m talk?Good number, but that $500k-$1m more would've made a huge difference in what to expect this week and weekend.

I was probably the only one to suggest 14M :P . 12.5M is an outstanding number, best non-holliday monday for a non-sequel.

MOS had an afternoon sell out at my theater and it sold out the 7pm and the IMAX at 7pm.  It's doing huge business today in my city.

• Like 3

Those of you criticizing the MOS drop, look at the two films that had the biggest drop on Monday.

Str Trek and MOS and they had the best holds on Sunday.  So it makes sense that they would drop the biggest.  Nothing to panic about.

• Like 1

Flat tuesday perhaps? A $12 million tuesday would be amazing.

Hard to say.  With NBA tonight it might fall.  So I personally don't think it will be flat, but who knows.  RTH posted that the busiest theater in NA for MOS over the weekend was in downtown Toronto, so MOS is doing kick ass numbers here.

• Like 1

Think it has to do with the fact that that hand held cam style isn't conducive to a good 3D experience. Way to jittery and jumpy for 3D IMO. Yeah I saw a ton of 2D sell outs here as well last weekend, way way more than 3D. Seeing this in 2D IMAX this weekend, saw it in 2D last week and all I could think was thank goodness we didn't go for 3D (and my wife and I love 3D).

Edited by witness

http://www.wehrenberg.com/theaterDetail.asp?theatre=138

Opposite on my end with 1 8PM 2D selling out and the rest are well open.. Seems like the 3D shows for this where I attend aren't selling as well as the 2D shows.. Guess folks don't want to shell out $15.50 for IMAX 3D and feel 2D is just as good and much cheaper... I just find that sort of unusual cause most superhero movies in IMAX 3D sell more than 2D do... :thinking: 

Posted Image

modeling is suggesting potential for much bigger but im not sure about that atm

Personally, I think late shows will be affected due to the NBA. Not just MoS, but all across the board. If the Heat win today, Thursday night shows are going to be a bloodbath IMO.

Hard to say.  With NBA tonight it might fall.  

There's also a World Cup qualifier on right now. Mexico is off today though, so it won't have as big an impact as other world cup qualifying days.