CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

Who is doing actuals this year?

Riczhang.

Year 5 - ElectricYear 6 - UekacreatorYear 7- SpaghettiYear 8- riczhangYear 9- The Dark AlfredYear 10- 4815162342Year 11- ImpactYear 12- Andrew the AlienYear 13- ChDYear 14- BlankmentsYear 15- etr906

Didn't most of those players already left the game? Can I make Year 11 :D ?

I think that if someone doesn't show up, the next one on the list takes his place. Just sign up for year 16 and you'll probably end up in year 14 or a year sooner.

• Like 1

I think that if someone doesn't show up, the next one on the list takes his place. Just sign up for year 16 and you'll probably end up in year 14 or a year sooner.

Correct, if someone is gone, then everyone behind them moves up a year.

Provided I actually write it, American Gods has a terrible release date. It'll die against the first 100M opener of the Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson franchise.

Liam Neeson and Chuck Norris is a aging series. American Gods can take it on

Okay so can I have A Stranger in a Strange Land moved to August 3rd. Also I would like American Gods moved to July 3rd! Then I would like Pompeii to be moved back to March 16th. Thanks!!

• Like 1

I just read the best book ever (hyperbole, but yeah, I cried while reading this book). I'm adapting it to be my OC this year instead of that stupid Comic Con that I've been trying to write for forever. I just gotta choose a director (going between Linklater and Russell), and then I'll get to adapting it ASAP.

I just read the best book ever (hyperbole, but yeah, I cried while reading this book). I'm adapting it to be my OC this year instead of that stupid Comic Con that I've been trying to write for forever. I just gotta choose a director (going between Linklater and Russell), and then I'll get to adapting it ASAP.

Linklater is taken, so Id go with Russell.

Awesome; I just need to find a lot of child actors then. Oh, and question: The story is about a kid going into the fifth grade whose face is seriously deformed. Should I go with an known young actor in the lead to try for Oscars, or go with a fake actor who would have the deformities in the movie in "real life?"

• Community Manager

It's okay to make up an actor. I'm doing it for my adaption of The Who's Tommy, and it's hard to find a good 10-12yr old actor and give him/her a serious role.

No it isn't. I did it all the time when I played regularly. I used Josh Hutcherson before THG or The Journey movies made him famous. You just have to pay attention.

No, the problem is that they grow up too fast.

Ty Simpkins didn't do so badly in Iron Man. Dakota Goyo also did a good job in Real Steel (although he's thirteen now). People seemed to like Cooper Timberline in Man of Steel (he's 11). Aramis Knight, 13, is set to play Bean in the upcoming Ender's Game movie and I think he's good. I don't know how old Griffin Gluck is but I think he's around that age and he's had success in dramatic roles. Xolo Mariduena is 12 and he's done a good job on Parenthood against some heavyweights.

That was with a quick search through real life movies currently coming out, have come out this year, or will come out soon, and TV dramas that I know have kids. Just keep your eyes open and you'll find them.

• Like 1

Russell is taken next year as well

That's why I'll use him this year and do my Tarantino film next year. ;)

I'll probably make up an actor. If I was to use a real actor though, I'd go with Pierce Gagnon. He was great in Looper and is the age of my main character.

Another option for director of my OC is Rob Reiner. DOR is obviously much better now, but I could use it as a comeback project for Reiner (I just recently watched Princess Bride and When Harry Met Sally for the first time.)