CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

HDH has no competition until mid August. That could get it past $280m DOM and make it my highest grossing film in NA in the game so far. :)

Also, Cinema Studies will be posted some time this weekend, following some changes to the third act.

HDH has no competition until mid August. That could get it past $280m DOM and make it my highest grossing film in NA in the game so far. :)

Between HDH's legs and the big tentpoles like American Gods and Uncharted coming out, I really don't think anyone wanted to risk it. We all remember what happened with Candy Crush. Besides, the lack of competition should help Catch the Pigeon break out pretty well, so I'm not too fussed about HDH scoring it big. We all knew it would happen anyway.

However, the Oscars I think are where things could get interesting. Q4 entries aside, it looks like it's going to be a close match between HDH and Redwall.

I'll start writing my first reviews today. Can I post a few sooner, before the 26th?

Best to wait. Some people have yet to finish writing up their summaries and some people may yet want to make improvements

• Like 1

True, but after that animation death match of April-June, it's nice to have an easier box office.In truth part of the reason I got delayed with Blood Currency was that at the last minute I thought it'd be fun to make a sci-fi adventure film adapted from FTL...and that preliminary investigation took up a couple hours I could have used to power through BC.So for the final quarter I have now:Blood CurrencyThe DependablesDragon Age: AwakeningThe Bronx is Burning (already completed since it's an old CAYOM 1.0 film and was re-edited with additions for the original Year 8 Festival way back when).

So far for Q4 I'm planning an adaptation of Mushishi, Freddy vs Jason vs Ash/Michael (haven't decided which yet) and a Mamoru Hosoda-directed anime film very very loosely based on Walter Mitty. I'm almost certain I'm going add one or two more, but nothing definite yet.

My Q4 schedule is gonna be packed- well I thought it was but I don't seem to have many films wrote for this quarter than I thought I hadThe gardenTitanicThe Simpsons 2At least one of Wallace and gromit/family guy/rocking around the Christmas treeOne of the innocent (might delay this to Y9 as its going to take a long time). If the innocent cant be completed, I will do the Tudor documentary

Edited by Divergent Films

My Q4 schedule is gonna be packed- well I thought it was but I don't seem to have many films wrote for this quarter than I thought I hadThe gardenTitanicThe Simpsons 2At least one of Wallace and gromit/family guy/rocking around the Christmas treeOne of the innocent (might delay this to Y9 as its going to take a long time). If the innocent cant be completed, I will do the Tudor documentary

You should probably rename Titanic to distinguish it from the James Cameron version.