CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

So this is what I will do to take care of people's time concerns.Part 1 starts on Monday. It will have a 3-week period instead of the usual initial 2-week one. That should give some extra time upfront to work with. Sound fair?

• Like 1

So this is what I will do to take care of people's time concerns.Part 1 starts on Monday. It will have a 3-week period instead of the usual initial 2-week one. That should give some extra time upfront to work with. Sound fair?

Honestly, I'd be fine with just starting it tomorrow. That said, the 3 week period will definitely be useful since all my deadlines will be done by then.

Gonna calculated the totals for film that are already out of the Top 10. How do you guys add in the weekdays? 

I'll admit I'm not an expert when it comes to Box Office but, from doing a bit of research, the total week's gross for a film tends to be around the weekend's gross x 1.3 (give or take around 0.05) although during vacations it's closer to x 1.4 (again give or take around 0.05).

With Speech season done, I may be returning to the game soon. I have two big ideas: a drama about two DJs (Morgan Freeman and Michael Shannon) who accidentally kill a listener and a hard sci-fi mystery about a detective trying to find a serial killer in a world where, when someone falls asleep, time stops for everyone else. Probably won't get into them until schools done, but I really wanna write these two ideas.

Probably will release some finished fillers from a while back in Q4 though

• Like 1

With Speech season done, I may be returning to the game soon. I have two big ideas: a drama about two DJs (Morgan Freeman and Michael Shannon) who accidentally kill a listener and a hard sci-fi mystery about a detective trying to find a serial killer in a world where, when someone falls asleep, time stops for everyone else. Probably won't get into them until schools done, but I really wanna write these two ideas.

Probably will release some finished fillers from a while back in Q4 though

I really like the DJ idea

• Like 1

And actually, I'll let you guys decide something: I have an Edgar Wright comedy I wrote a small treatment for back in September that I could post for Q4. I can either post it for Q4 or save it for refining into more detail for a legitimate big release (since, if I'm not mistaken, this would be his follow-up to Miserable Fans, which did big box office).

Completed the garden, simpsons 2: the ride, flappy bird: a documentary and the Normans.

Just need to do Wallace And Gromit 2 and The Ship Of Dreams

When is the deadline using UK time and day?

I will actually be extending the deadline a few days since I will be unable to do much Sunday-Tuesday due to traveling and family events.

I support this. I haven't had as much time as I was hoping to work on my stuff.

• Like 1