Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Once again Disney/Pixar deliver the goods. Has there ever been another studio like Pixar that has produced such quality movies year in year out?? Their track record is pretty much flawless. Watch MU last night with my fiancé and it was just amazing. Their movies have soo much heart and depth.

Well, a lot of people would argue that Cars, and especially Cars 2, kind of tarnishes their otherwise spotless record. I've never seen either film, so I can't really speak to their quality, or lack thereof.

and btw now you see me is so generic-can't believe people are pumping that movie up---and jesse eisenberg plays the same character every movie/pretty much he's annoying as f and id love if i never saw him on screen again...gaaahhh

majority of ppl disagree with you (& tiny drops prove it)

+ Eisenberg really owned this role & you're like one of the few who found him annoying here

I've been following this movie for a long time & 90% of response was more than positive

I still don't get why IM3 divided audiences so much.It had good performances, good action (the airplane rescue scene beats every action sequence I've seen this summer as the most breathtaking) and sharp humor (which I personally love).

really? U don't get it?

I used to be a big fan of comics but not anymore these days-but growing up loved that stuff-especially xmen-spidey- and iron man- throw in gambit ....but more than a comic fan, im a fan of awesome movies.  Why the audience is dvided on im3 is because it was garbage.  Idc that they made the mandarin out as a joke-i actually thought it was funny but to have ur main villain shooting orange fire balls out of their mouths was just stupid as hell...iron man - great first movie that failed in every way to make good sequals and i know it made a ton of money so save me that-Im2 and im3 are really a joke---im2 especially

• Like 1

majority of ppl disagree with you (& tiny drops prove it)

+ Eisenberg really owned this role & you're like one of the few who found him annoying here

I've been following this movie for a long time & 90% of response was more than positivehey

hey im not trying to hate on the guy but he really does play the same role every movie or the same character.  I actually was just watching zombieland a few hours ago and he's good in it - i like him sometimes but no doubt but that doesnt mean he plays the same damn thing in every movie-- he does.  Be blind about it thats cool

Looks like someone is on edge today. We obviously need MOS numbers to calm things down, or potentially rile things (and people) up :) It'll be fun :wub:

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

hey im not trying to hate on the guy but he really does play the same role every movie or the same character.  I actually was just watching zombieland a few hours ago and he's good in it - i like him sometimes but no doubt but that doesnt mean he plays the same damn thing in every movie-- he does.  Be blind about it thats cool

Im not a fan of Eisenberg & was one of the minority who thought he didnt deserve an Oscar nom for TSN

but he's good here

& he's good @ playing himself :P

+ this haircut makes him more attractive so

thanks teenage girls who give the movie money b/c of that :wub:

Leyla did you watch Brideshead?

only had time to watch the beginning

his teddy bear!! :rotfl: Mr.Bean much :lol:

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

For me this summer in terms of Big Studio Releases:Iron Man 3: 8/10 B+The Great Gatsby: 9.5/10 A+Star Trek Into Darkness: 9/10 AFast and Furious 6: 6/10 C+The Hangover Part III: 4.5/10 C-Man of Steel: 7.5/10 BWWZ: 8.5/10 AMonsters University: 6/10 C+The Lone Ranger: 3/10 D

He's brilliant in The Social Network. 

TITE can't pass 100M ? :(

hopefully it can

:wub: Congrats to M & FH

Also among holdovers, IFC FilmsFrances Ha and Roadside Attractions/Lionsgate‘s Mud hit milestones this week. Mud is just behind The Place Beyond The Pines with the largest cume among the titles still in specialty release. The film passed the $20 million mark in its ninth week of release, averaging $1,465 in 213 theaters. Noah Baumbach’s Frances Ha, meanwhile jumped the $3 million threshold in its sixth week. The black and white New York Film Festival debut averaged $1,360 in 140 theaters.

Edited by Leyla

It's been a somewhat underwhelming summer for me:

This is the End - A

Star Trek Into Darkness - A-

World War Z - B

Iron Man 3 - B

The Great Gatsby - B-

Man of Steel - B-

Furious 6 - C+

The Hangover 3 - C 

After Earth - C

Only This is the End and Trek lived up to or exceeded my expectations. 

Wow, Riczhang, TLR was that bad to you?

Beyond Apalling. It's After Earth territory. Which means Michael will like it and no one else :P Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

further sunday update,

looking like most films will be pretty much on par with sun estimates  there might be slight variations, so like MU -21% -22, MOS -24 -25 (so yes should be around it 12.2) WWz -19 -20

• Like 11