Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

I honestly havent done much research about the dude outside some essays and articles. What was some of the pretentious stuff he said?

#1 biggest thing is his rationalist philosophy and how "I can only be sure that I exist because I think." That's just so self-important. Just because you know that you think you exist; how does that make any sense? 

• Like 1

#1 biggest thing is his rationalist philosophy and how "I can only be sure that I exist because I think." That's just so self-important. Just because you know that you think you exist; how does that make any sense? 

Yeah, its an interesting philosophy but I dont think I can agree with it. 

That was not pretentious. Descartes' Meditations On First Philosophy represented an incredible breakthrough in Rationalism. He was the first modern philosopher to fully analyze and explicate Rationalist epistemology, defining the limits of our knowledge and perception of reality. In the cogito, Descartes explored the fact that....

Oh, what the hell. This is a film forum, not a graduate seminar on philosophy. (Everyone who warned me that degree would be useless was right, but I'd do it again tomorrow.) Go watch The Matrix again. That has more to do with Descartes' Meditations than the postmodernist tripe that the Wachowskis claimed as inspiration.