Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

lol its strage to read it & look @ your mos icon :lol:

I'm a huge Superman fan. But it was not what I expected. The movie was not put well together. 

The continuous flashbacks, and jumping from a scene that you have finally connected with the movie and then BOOM, something out of nowhere with these flashbacks. It didn't work for me. At the end, I was like PLEASE STOP ALREADY!

WB is laughing right now.  With the 170 mill they made even before the film was released and a final gross of about 275 in the USS and north of 600 WW, it is going to be a great new beginning to a franchise.

ICAM, however, MOS 2 has to be better, it has to have a more enthusiastic reception with the critics, because if it doesn't then I think that a sequel makes less money. The biggest advantage that MOS had over SR in terms of a sequel was never the box office anyway, it was that it had a story that wasn't dragged down by 2 other movies, and an asthmatic brat.

I get it.MoS needed to be epic on a grand scale(TDK,Avengers) to stay on par with the openers. It's not,People fail to see its already a success.Not to mention a possible 30M OW in China.

30 M? Wow.

I am currently contemplating suicide. But it has to be in a creative way. I will write a note saying it was because of MOS's numbers in the past few days. Then it will be all over news how a man killed himself in such and such ridiculous way because of a movie and people who have not yet seen it will go see it, to see what kind of a movie makes someone do this. This will push MOS pass 1 billion WW and I will become a hero to all Superman fans.I am open to suggestions on how to end my existence for the greater good of Man of Steel.

• Like 1

Some people are talking like MoS would have drop 60%+ regardless of competition. There's no way to spin it that 40M is terrible.There's also no way to spin it that WWZ and MU hit it big. WOM has been good(not great).

You know what?

f* it!....I'm going to see it again tonight. I was planning anyway. So, let's see if a second time I can grasp more as to what Snyder really intended with the film.

:lol:

• Like 2

I get it.MoS needed to be epic on a grand scale(TDK,Avengers) to stay on par with the openers. It's not,People fail to see its already a success.Not to mention a possible 30M OW in China.

I don't see how Man of Steel was any less epic than either of those films. It just wasn't as well made/satisfying. The film needed stronger writing and maybe some humor to break up all the seriousness. Not necessarily goofy humor like the Avengers, but even TDK had quite a bit of dark humor from the Joker. Man of Steel was fairly humorless. 

ICAM, however, MOS 2 has to be better, it has to have a more enthusiastic reception with the critics, because if it doesn't then I think that a sequel makes less money. The biggest advantage that MOS had over SR in terms of a sequel was never the box office anyway, it was that it had a story that wasn't dragged down by 2 other movies, and an asthmatic brat.

I agree that the sequel has to better. They need a new creative team. Although I like Goyer he is not the best writer. The script was one of the major flaws of the movie. 

Edited by ban1o

Come on, guys.

Superman is going to make 275-300M DOM. That is very good after the disappointing Superman Returns. The most important thing is that it brought back Superman as a franchise. That is what matters the most to Warners.

The important thing now is that Warners gets better writers for MOS2. :bop:

• Like 7

Come on, guys.Superman is going to make 275-300M DOM. That is very good after the disappointing Superman Returns. The most important thing is that it brought back Superman as a franchise. That is what matters the most to Warners.The important thing now is that Warners gets better writers for MOS2. :bop:

It's passing TASM, buts its gonna crawl after. Edited by #ED

Come on, guys.

Superman is going to make 275-300M DOM. That is very good after the disappointing Superman Returns. The most important thing is that it brought back Superman as a franchise. That is what matters the most to Warners.

I don't think studios look at the domestic number anymore.

If a movie is a success globally, that's the bottom line for them.

Blame the NBA and zombies1. MOS weekdays - nesr highest rated BB finals games ever, hockey finals, soccer finals2. Friday - two strong new releases that drew more interest.Trust me, WOM for MoS is not poor, you cant only go by drops. Mos will soon stabilize now that sports is done and MU/WZ soon had their time to shine.

Edited by LeFlop James

I don't see how Man of Steel was any less epic than either of those films. It just wasn't as well made/satisfying. The film needed stronger writing and maybe some humor to break up all the seriousness. Not necessarily goofy humor like the Avengers, but even TDK had quite a bit of dark humor from the Joker. Man of Steel was fairly humorless.

I really hope they don't add a bunch of dopey comedy in the sequel to try to correct the "no humor" complaints
  • Like 1

I don't think studios look at the domestic number anymore.

If a movie is a success globally, that's the bottom line for them.

Well it's doing great overseas.

Edited by kayumanggi

Come on, guys.

It's a fantastic number for sure.  But I just don't think it should have fallen 60% in the second weekend.  The overall final tally is going to be awesome, but it should have held better this weekend.

I'm a huge Superman fan. But it was not what I expected. The movie was not put well together. 

The continuous flashbacks, and jumping from a scene that you have finally connected with the movie and then BOOM, something out of nowhere with these flashbacks. It didn't work for me. At the end, I was like PLEASE STOP ALREADY!

its great when character love doesnt result in biased opinion on the film

here in some website comments I see some facepalm worthy fanboy comments when its clear they support the movie just b/c its DC or Nolan or Snyder or smth elsePosted Imageexaggerated praise & all. Its clear that no matter what movie it may be they'd still be raving abt it

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 7

Blame the NBA and zombies1. MOS weekdays - nesr highest rated BB finals games ever, hockey finals, soccer finals2. Friday - two strong new releases.Trust me, WOM for MoS is not poor, you cant only go by drops. Mos will soon stabilize now that sports is done and MU/WZ soon had their time to shine.

But after the OW of MOS a lot of people was saying MU and expecially WWZ were screwed. Also next week WHD and The heat are being released and the week after The lone Ranger and Despicable me 2 are being released. The competition never stops. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 3

So I'm seeing low end numbers of $275m now. This is a mixed news type thing for WB as I see it.

Now, who made that MoS under TASM club? That's not looking as crazy anymore either, he was blasted as if he were BKB. Then, just like BKB, not looking so crazy anymore. 

• Like 2