Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

You don't mean that. I loved MoS, and 4 viewings have done nothing to convince me otherwise. All the BO prognosticators on twitter are going "MoS fell 71%, must be bad word of mouth" forgetting that there are 2 big openers, and that IM3 and TDKR both fell 71% on their second Friday. People seem to have developed selective blindness.

You have to remember IM3 and TDKR both had bigger midnight numbers included in their first Friday. You have to look at the non-midnight drop to get a better idea.

Non-midnight drops:

TDKR - 60.7%

IM3 - 62.9%

MOS - 63.7%

Pretty comparable to IM3.

Don't get me wrong. I loved Man Of Steel. I would put it in my top 5 comicbook movies of all time. But I was in it, from the beginning only because of Nolan. I was led to believe it was gonna be a Nolan type movie. Instead I got a Nolan-Lite movie. Still good.

Either way, MoS is a financial success.

You have to remember IM3 and TDKR both had bigger midnight numbers included in their first Friday. You have to look at the non-midnight drop to get a better idea.

Non-midnight drops:

TDKR - 60.7%

IM3 - 62.9%

MOS - 63.7%

Agree with you on this. Probably the sanest way of comparison. Obviously not perfect still (since TDKR was the last big Midnight movie we have had in a while, for bad reasons), but a good point of comparison.

His stories suck.

No some have sucked...

Others are triumphs.... Bladed I and II,, Batman Begins, TDK.... MOS(Though could have been better, but the movie

definitely didnt feel like a dragged out 2hrs and half hour epic--I Loved it-I want to see more fleshing out

of Clark and other characters in the next one though)

Agree with you on this. Probably the sanest way of comparison. Obviously not perfect still (since TDKR was the last big Midnight movie we have had in a while, for bad reasons), but a good point of comparison.

TDKR held up very well considering everything it had to deal with. Not just the bad publicity from the shooting, but the fact it blew off a lot more steam during its first weekdays than either IM3 or MOS.

Non-midnight drops:

TDKR - 60.7%

IM3 - 62.9%

MOS - 63.7%

It's still selective criticism. I pointed that out on Twitter to Anne Thompson. Not a word uttered in response (yet). Also didn't Hunger Games drop 70% on its second Friday too?

Don't get me wrong. I loved Man Of Steel. I would put it in my top 5 comicbook movies of all time. But I was in it, from the beginning only because of Nolan. I was led to believe it was gonna be a Nolan type movie. Instead I got a Nolan-Lite movie. Still good.

Either way, MoS is a financial success.

And incredible success. IM3 is riding Avengers co-tails.....Superman had to deal with that memory

of the badly received Superman Returns..FOlks forgave that..Amazing now we have a good shot at 800+M WW(Biggest reboot

in history--That'll do Clark! " That 'll Do!" :wub: :wub:

No some have sucked...

Others are triumphs.... Bladed I and II,, Batman Begins, TDK.... MOS(Though could have been better, but the movie

definitely didnt feel like a dragged out 2hrs and half hour epic--I Loved it-I want to see more fleshing out

of Clark and other characters in the next one though)

There's only been one good story on record and that was BB. TDK, MOS, and the rest of them have all either been meh (neither bad nor good which includes MOS and TDK) or garbage. 

David Goyer was a 1 HIT WONDER WITH BATMAN BEGINS.

I thought he wrote the biggest Batman's screen play or contributed.. TDK ED?

Also you forget he did Blade I and II..Huge Success right there.. And Im pretty sure some of his scripts or contribution

to films are all time grossers. So I cant agree with you my friend on your hatred from him.

When your highly requested and dont always have the prep time for a script.. Some of your work is going to suck

:) lol