Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Shannon was good, but comparing him to Ledger is just stupid. Comic book movie villains ranking for me so far is:

- Ledger

- McKellen

Everyone else.

That's probably how I'd rate it too, though the gap is pretty big between Ledger and everyone else. As I said earlier, the writing was absolutely perfect for that character and is extremely underrated because Ledger's performance was one of the greatest ever regardless of genre.

• Like 1

Shannon was good, but comparing him to Ledger is just stupid. Comic book movie villains ranking for me so far is:

- Ledger

- McKellen

Everyone else.

Hey Grimm Buddy

Mine

Are Jack#1

Ledger(very close #2)

Mckellan

Nick Nolte

Willam Dafoe

The Orignal Zod

Micheal Shannon

That's probably how I'd rate it too, though the gap is pretty big between Ledger and everyone else. As I said earlier, the writing was absolutely perfect for that character and is extremely underrated because Ledger's performance was one of the greatest ever regardless of genre.

No Jack?

NNo Willam Dafoe, No Nick Nolte(His performance as Banner Senior was one of the best comic book

villanry performances for me-Dark though for a Hulk Film but I loved it none theless)

I've already gotten over it Rich. I even expect a 60%+ drop next weekend. 2 potential big openers next week as well.MoS is still on pace for 700M WW, which is 2x more than the last one.This is only the beginning of something big.However if Nolan isn't involved anymore, neither am I.

lol wtf are you talking about? Are you for real?? :rofl:

No Jack?

NNo Willam Dafoe, No Nick Nolte(His performance as Banner Senior was one of the best comic book

villanry performances for me-Dark though for a Hulk Film but I loved it none theless)

I love Jack for what it is, but the Nolan brothers and Ledger came up with a far more interesting take on the Joker. It is a much deeper characterization. He's not just a mobster gone crazy, he actually has reasons for doing what he does. They are very twisted reasons, but you almost buy into the stuff he says. I mean look at the Boston Marathon bombings. The two guys that perpetrated that were supposedly pretty normal people within the last 5 years. Then they went crazy. TDK Joker believes that everyone is capable of this and it is an extremely thin line between normal and crazy.

Zod was closer to Lizard than Ledger's Joker.

There's an art to hamming it up and Shannon missed the mark completely. 

Yeah Ledger is way ahead of Shannon. I think Shannon did a great job with what he was given.

Definitely one of the all time villain performances. I think only Jack's performance is slightly better

than HL(Its very very close to see who took villanry to a new level..I would have loved to see

what Jack would have done with Nolans take on joker)

...I was about to respond to Superman saying $680m dom and $2.5b os are the floor for Avatar 2, then realized it was Kal :lol: :lol:

Edited by FTF
  • Like 1

I love Jack for what it is, but the Nolan brothers and Ledger came up with a far more interesting take on the Joker. It is a much deeper characterization. He's not just a mobster gone crazy, he actually has reasons for doing what he does. They are very twisted reasons, but you almost buy into the stuff he says. I mean look at the Boston Marathon bombings. The two guys that perpetrated that were supposedly pretty normal people within the last 5 years. Then they went crazy. TDK Joker believes that everyone is capable of this and it is an extremely thin line between normal and crazy.

I hear you  :).. I do agree its the most memorable villanry and certainly one most most grounded in reality :)

What do you think of my list of actors who played top villains in the genre Red? Dig most of them?

I hear you  :).. I do agree its the most memorable villanry and certainly one most most grounded in reality :)

What do you think of my list of actors who played top villains in the genre Red? Dig most of them?

Dafoe was great, but the costume was horrible. Keeps getting worse as time goes by too. Not sure what the hell Raimi was thinking at the time. Nolte is alright. Nothing amazing though.

• Like 1

Watched it on TBS last night. Ledger steals the show, I mean it was perfection. The movie does have a couple issues after a few rewatches, but Joker seems to get better. I mean even Ledgers mannerisms were spot on and creative. Shame to see him go, he would be a true power in Hollywood right now. Great acting from everyone though, Bale brought it too.

This is true. My sister disliked TDK, or any Nolan's Bat movies really. She hates the character of Bruce Wayne/Batman in there. But whenever someone mentioned TDK in passing, she always praised Ledger's performance highly.

It is truly one of his lifetime performances that will continue to impress.

...I was about to respond to Superman saying $680m dom and $2.5b os are the floor for Avatar 2, then realized it was Kal :lol: :lol:

FTF.. The floor.. For me the floor for AVTR 2 is 880-900M Domestic and 3.1Billion OS FTF.

Surely you dont want to test me o n AVTR...You remember how 400+ pages of folks hating on James and his blue cat people

vs their franchises ended up.

Need I remind you he is the only director in history with back to back All time Super Boxoffice cows.

Heck he took a 12 yr break and still destroyed his own unbeatable film... When it comes to AVTR,...Your not going to win

period.

BKB The bottomline is there are comic fans and films that get generation wrapped up within.. TA is just not up to par

with that kind of support. Infact Avtr 2 is a near lock  for 680-700+M domestic.TA 2 is only a lock

for 550-600M range domesticallyy and OS is where the seperation truly begins. You really think TA2 has a chance

when avtar is far smaller marker made 2B OS LOL... When AVTR 2 hits some of the territorries  that AVTR managed

100+M will give the sequel 200+ mil my marvel rebellious one.

It is over I tell you before it even begins. Best hope us Avenger fans can beat SWS 7, much less make a dent in

• Like 2

I will prevail.. I will bury him in TA2 vs JL or even AVATAR 2.. TA2 is going to be more of a monster than Kal is not giving it credit for.. AVATAR had it's moment, but it was more of a monent to showcase 3D than the story itself which was merely lended to show off the 3D in this movie.. Without the intro to 3D in this movie, it wouldn't have made a fraction of what it did...

Careful BKB, TA2 only has a shot to win dom, Avatar 2 will destroy it os/ww.I'm definitely on the lightening won't strike as much twice bandwagon with Avatar 2, but it's still going to prob do at least $2b ww.