Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Houston

• Like 1

Houston again

• Like 2

Houston again

Sell out reports are misleading actually. Sometimes movies may be on smaller screens leading to more sellouts. 

For example, the dine-in theater in Marina Del Rey (AMC Marina 6) has only about 60 seats per theater, so most of the showtimes are always sold out.

This is going to sound a lot like advertising but if you are in SoCal, I would whole heartedly recommend AMC Marina 6 for a movie. Huge screens with brilliant sound, barely any 3D movies (only 2 screens are 3D i think). 180 degree reclining LA-Z boy type seats, really good food in the dine-in with prices on par or lower than nearby restaurants and for shows before 6pm, the tickets are 13$. Also, the ushers are really friendly, and due to alcohol on the premises - No kids are allowed in the movies. One of the best movie going experiences I have ever had.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Go to the movies guys!

By the way, my friend said WWZ was terrible. Anyone here who has seen it? Should I give it a chance?

I would say give it a shot.  I would give it at least a B.  I just got home from watching that and Monsters University before that

• Like 1

Pixar movies usually drop by a small amount on their first Sat. Typically less than 5%.

Thanks :) I hope MU will behave in line with the usual pattern of Pixar movies then  :D

Go to the movies guys!

By the way, my friend said WWZ was terrible. Anyone here who has seen it? Should I give it a chance?

I liked it. But you should judge for yourself. Everyone doesn't like the same things.

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing. Just.. nothing. Its a snoozefest, this weekend.

Finally finished reading through the whole thread.... you were so right. <_<

Funny, when you guys were discussing Red Robin, I was eating their nice sauteed 'shroom burger. Yummmm.

I did substitute the swiss for cheddar. After all, cheddar is best cheese. ;)

The quality of Monsters University revived my faith in Finding Dory. If that film delivers, I can see it winning 2015.

If someone had told me last week that we'd have even more Bane quotes this week, I would've told them it was im-POSS-i-bleh. :P

DAWWW@Tele's kid.

I'd like to have kids when I'm married but I presume that's a while off.

And now a few direct responses:

I will never see a Pixar film OW.

Why? Just curious.

Yeah, but he is the wrong comic book guy and the one that held Nolan down with TDKR. I believe that if Nolan had a truly amazing comic book guy paired with him, TDKR could've been a masterpiece. Unfortunately it was where the lack of knowledge about what makes these characters tick by Goyer was most visible, and the first sign that maybe, just maybe, Goyer shouldn't be the go-to guy when it comes to DC superheroes. It seems to me that MOS screenplay complaints cement that theory. It's time for a new "comic book guy" to come aboard, hopefully Paul Dini. 

Once again, Goyer wasn't even involved with TDKR's script, that was all Nolan bros.

What if M. Night Shyamalan made a movie with Nicolas Cage

Posted Image

And on the actual weekend numbers, yay for MU, boo for MoS, and I guess I have to see WWZ now...

Go to the movies guys!

Hated it. Save your money and rent in the fall. Go see This is the End instead. If not that, then Monsters University or Man of Steel.

Sell out reports are misleading actually. Sometimes movies may be on smaller screens leading to more sellouts. 

For example, the dine-in theater in Marina Del Rey (AMC Marina 6) has only about 60 seats per theater, so most of the showtimes are always sold out.

This is going to sound a lot like advertising but if you are in SoCal, I would whole heartedly recommend AMC Marina 6 for a movie. Huge screens with brilliant sound, barely any 3D movies (only 2 screens are 3D i think). 180 degree reclining LA-Z boy type seats, really good food in the dine-in with prices on par or lower than nearby restaurants and for shows before 6pm, the tickets are 13$. Also, the ushers are really friendly, and due to alcohol on the premises - No kids are allowed in the movies. One of the best movie going experiences I have ever had.

Agree about the smaller screens. MOS was moved from the largest theaters in favor of Monsters U and WWZ. So that' s probably why the many sell outs.

Per Tele's advice, watching In The Loop in honor of James Gandolfini. Pretty damn funny movie so far. It is on Netflix streaming, so pretty easy to watch for anyone curious. Gandolfini's first scene is around 30 minutes into the film and I'm cracking up. His character is great. He's a pervert army general. :lol:

• Like 3