Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

I predicted this to be the biggest summer ever. Isn't May record-breaking too? All we need is a good July.

Its going to be one of the lowest ones in recent years

July looks like crap. After Despicable Me 2 and Lone Ranger open, the only thing left in the schedule are a bunch of bombs.

I am still looking forward for The Wolverine :ph34r: 

If critics are decent and show a noticeable improvement from the first movie, i will watch it.

I am also waiting for Pacific Rim critical reception and general audience feedback.  If it's decent enough, it can become a good summer popcorn movie generating decent figures.

After DM2, I seriously don't look forward to any movie this year.Someone give me 5 movies I would want to watch.

Catching Fire, Gravity, Elysium, Thor 2, The Hobbit 2.There's plenty left to see.
  • Like 2

I predicted this to be the biggest summer ever. Isn't May record-breaking too? All we need is a good July.

Aside from Despicable Me 2, July's full of wild card releases like Lone Ranger, Pacific Rim, RIPD, Turbo and The Wolverine. Doubt July breaks any records but should certainly bolster the overall summer numbers. I expect DM2 and LR to get it off to a flying start. I'm thinking DM2 grosses over $100M by the end of the Fourth of July weekend. I think Lone Ranger will approach $100 by end of the holiday weekend as well.