Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

How many movies has Illumination made, like 3?They are off to a good start, but they can't even whiff Pixar's farts yet.

The only disappointment was Hop which did $166m but that had a low budget, The Lorax was big domestically but under performed overseas, only DM is a huge hit but given that they don't have $150m, they are all successes, they've yet to have a flop,

I honestly like Snyder AND Nolan, obviously a lot more the latter. But if Goyer's lack of aptitude to get these characters are the reason why a lot of what happens with TDKR and MoS seem off, it's time to pair a new 'comic book guy' with these directors.I mean, if not even Nolan could not realize the mess that was a huge chunk of TDKR, what hope Snyder has?

I'd keep Snyder as director but get someone like Jonah Nolan or James Vanderbilt to write or rewrite the script for MoS 2 Edited by Jonwo

MoS is getting destroyed next weekend as well. I've said the legs would be shit. Thank god it had that big opening.

No one is listening to you anymore since you admitted to only liking and rooting for MOS because of Nolan...go back to Interstellar thread.(Note, Nolan is one of my current favorite directors and I love most all his movies, but only rooting and liking MOS because of his connection is just sad)
  • Like 1

IT will probably have a 2.4-2.5 multiplier of it's 117 OW and then you add 12 million ot that to get around 290-306 million. Not Great for a reeboot. but good enough. The OW was inflated because of father's day and WB had an AMAZING marketing campaign for the film, makign it able to open to such a huge number.

Looks to be headed to 700M WW. It's get slammed by WWZ and MU in some major countries.China looks to match TDKR and TASM.

I honestly like Snyder AND Nolan, obviously a lot more the latter. But if Goyer's lack of aptitude to get these characters are the reason why a lot of what happens with TDKR and MoS seem off, it's time to pair a new 'comic book guy' with these directors.I mean, if not even Nolan could not realize the mess that was a huge chunk of TDKR, what hope Snyder has?

TDKR was not a mess.

• Like 4

TDKR was a better movie than TDK. TDK wasn't even a comic book movie, it was a crime thriller

• Like 1

IT will probably have a 2.4-2.5 multiplier of it's 117 OW and then you add 12 million ot that to get around 290-306 million. Not Great for a reeboot. but good enough. The OW was inflated because of father's day and WB had an AMAZING marketing campaign for the film, makign it able to open to such a huge number. 

Did you just write that $290-$306 million is "not great for a reboot"?

• Like 1

No one is listening to you anymore since you admitted to only liking and rooting for MOS because of Nolan...go back to Interstellar thread.(Note, Nolan is one of my current favorite directors and I love most all his movies, but only rooting and liking MOS because of his connection is just sad)

Admitted? Who didn't know this?Did someone think I was a Snyder fan?Holy fuck, you cannot be serious.I love all of you. I just love Nolan more.
  • Like 1

64% drop for MOS. Hopefully next week is better. The Heat and WHD won't open ad big as MU and WWZ so  I can see a less than 50% drop. 

I'd expect MoS mid-week performances to be better.

WWZ seems to be a weekend-heavy kind of movie.

I see massive sellouts for WWZ on Saturday nights

but kinda cool off on Sunday, a lot.

LOL Poor Ed.

You think the films opening in the coming weeks are like TDKR huge? That is exaggeration, really.

No, I think we are in June, not in July, and that the next films aren't as big as TDKR, but the combo of them against MoS could have a similar effect to what MoS faced after TDKR was released. After this weekend, $300m Dom is completely out of picture as far as my predictions are concerned.

Monsters University went for families and scored big. World War Z went for men and scored big. 

Problem is both The Heat and White House Down are going for the same audience; all four quads. And since Monsters University will win next weekend, one of them will lose. Wouldn't surprise me if one opened at #4 or #5.

Not sure of grosses but I expect the order to go as follows:

Monsters

Heat

White House Down

Z

Supes

• Like 1

You need to call 911 when Interstellar opens less than Inception

Not sure about that, I'd actually say it'll be tracking/predicted to have an ow higher than Inception.