#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

He was lucky. McCarthy on the other hand is officially a draw. 

Nope.  She is not anymore official than Tatum is.  She is going to have two films that finish with about 130 mill.  How is that anymore successful than what Tatum did with his four movies?

You can't just make shit up.  The facts are there to prove you wrong.

• Like 1

Star Trek is going to make about 85-90% of the original, far  from a disappointment.

To you, not to most. To you The Internship was disappointment because you were expecting 30M OW. Most of us were actually expecting a 13-15M OW, so that 18M OW was actually ok.

Edited by CJohn

The Tourist?

So The Tourist, in the middle of the summer, with arguably the biggest woman's draw in the world, makes 67 mill and now that makes Depp a draw?

WHD looks like a TV film and was a stupid idea to release it so close to OHF. I said all along that it won't outgross it. Now let's hope that its legs gonna crush it as well. Loving the MU number.

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines

So The Tourist, in the middle of the summer, with arguably the biggest woman's draw in the world, makes 67 mill and now that makes Depp a draw?

That came out in December, not the Summer.

Shocked at the numbers. I thought for sure WHD would have been the one with the bigger number.

Still, have to wait for more accurate estimates later today. Anything can happen.

What am I saying....WHD is going to flop and make less than The Heat. :(

Edited by Empire University

The Tourist was huge WW, and I really don't see how Dark Shadows would have done 250M WW without him.

EDIT: Public Enemies did 220M WW, mainly because of Depp.

I'm obviously not talking about WW.  And right now you have no idea what WHD will do WW.  But going by your numbers, if WHD does 75 here and 200 internationally, then that makes Tatum a draw, right?

If WHD opens has lackluster as expected it does undermine the Tatum as next BO drawing power name.

It also kills those in the TASM2 camp who were all "Foxx coming off WHD is going to have so much pull", kinda as a preemptive measure if the movie turns out as bad as it possibly may, Foxx alone would help guarantee a larger opening. 

It came out in December and it did 280M WW, more than Knight and Day. 

The Vow, 21 Jump Street, Magic Mike and G.I. Joe: Retaliation... but no Tatum is over because White House Down under-performed. Oh and like 2012 totally wasn't a big deal for him and his stock. Oh forum trolls and your bullshit revisionist history.

If 22 Jump Street and Jupiter Ascending follow suit, then you will have an argument (and that is very possible to be fair; he's at risk of over-exposure like Rogen). But until then, chill pills for all!

• Like 7

To you, not to most. To you The Internship was disappointment because you were expecting 30M OW. Most of us were actually expecting a 13-15M OW, so that 18M OW was actually ok.

Well, to you guys Star Trek is a disappointment but it followed the same pattern as lots of sequels.  You guys didn't pay attention to history.  That's on you, not the film.

• Like 1