#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

Lol what does this mean exactly? They profit whenever their net gross exceeds expenses, pretty cut and dry don't know wtf OW has to do with it other than being the three days that are important to the total gross

Studios get a much higher cut of the OW gross than they do consequent weekends. Good legs off a bad weekend could potentially be a worse outcome for a studio than bad legs off a huge weekend...

• Like 5

Lol what does this mean exactly? They profit whenever their net gross exceeds expenses, pretty cut and dry don't know wtf OW has to do with it other than being the three days that are important to the total gross

What he means is the studios get a bigger % of the gross in the first two weeks, sometimes as high as 95% of the gross, more more commonly about 85-90%.

• Like 1

Studios get a much higher cut of the OW gross than they do consequent weekends. Good legs off a bad weekend could potentially be a worse outcome for a studio than bad legs off a huge weekend...

What he means is the studios get a bigger % of the gross in the first two weeks, sometimes as high as 95% of the gross, more more commonly about 85-90%.

This and That.
  • Like 1

I just saw This Is The End. Holy shit. Movie of the summer easily.

It's my fave movie as well this summer.

• Like 2

I'm not sure.  I've never kept track before.

Well the week before MoS (June 9th - June 16th)I hit both 5K and 6K posts. Never again.(Till Interstellar)
  • Like 2

Jamie Foxx just won a BET Award and in his acceptance speech...he mentioned Django AND Tarantino, but never spoke a word of WHD down hahaha, I guess he hasnt checked his phone all weekend.

• Like 1