#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

It's really really weird to see two movies that seem so audience friendly on paper disappoint like this. I blame the overstuffed marketplace.

Agreed. Lets see how WWZ plays out.

*Wonders how long this thread will remain on topic*

Anyway-I am seeing on FB quite a few saying they are seeing The Heat.

(Last time someone said they were going to see The Croods and OHF)

It's really really weird to see two movies that seem so audience friendly on paper disappoint like this. I blame the overstuffed marketplace.

I think The Heat will be fine in the long run. The marketplace should be able to sustain a new comedy, particularly with This is the End in its third week. I would be worried about White House Down being squeezed out.

WWZ went down to 5.6M on Thursday.

So it could be...

Friday - 8.1M (+45%)

Saturday - 10.1 (+25%)

Sunday - 8.2M (-20%)

26.4M Weekend.

Edited by #ED

WWZ went down to 5.6M.

So it could be...

Friday - 8.1M (+45%)

Saturday - 10.1 (+25%)

Sunday - 8.2M (-20%)

26.4M Weekend.

So around a 60% drop then. I expected that.

I strongly suspect that WHD is going to have problems because of politics.  I've seen the trailers and they seem to be very careful and middle of the road in how they portray Jamie Fox's President character.  Some times he appears competent and badass, others like the comic relief.  I wonder if the safe path hasn't failed them in that political people from each side of the spectrum will see the film negatively as vilifying or glorifying Obama and stay away because of that perception.

• Like 1

I strongly suspect that WHD is going to have problems because of politics.  I've seen the trailers and they seem to be very careful and middle of the road in how they portray Jamie Fox's President character.  Some times he appears competent and badass, others like the comic relief.  I wonder if the safe path hasn't failed them in that political people from each side of the spectrum will see the film negatively as vilifying or glorifying Obama and stay away because of that perception.

Posted Image

Its Emmerich film.  what political views? Then again Fox News called the film racist toward white so you never know

• Like 1

Posted Image

Its Emmerich film.  what political views? Then again Fox News called the film racist toward white so you never know

I'm talking about the impressions of 30 second tv spots on the general audience and the viciously divided political spectrum in the U.S. at the moment.

I'm not talking about the what the film actually is. I agree that it almost certainly doesn't really have any real political views and I'm personally excited about getting to see a kickass action movie that's Die Hard in the White House.   I wish the movie well, I'm just saying that marketing may have dropped the ball a bit.

Edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon

I'm talking about the impressions of 30 second tv spots and the viciously divided political spectrum in the U.S. at the moment.

I'm not talking about the what the film actually is. I agree that it almost certainly doesn't really have any real political views and I'm excited about getting to see a kickass action movie that's Die Hard in the White House. 

what tv spot showed?