#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

Posted Image

Its Emmerich film.  what political views? Then again Fox News called the film racist toward white so you never know

Emmerich admitted he was playing politics in The Day After Tomorrow, a retarded choice because... look at how retarded that (and his films as a whole) was.

• Like 2

.....I'm personally excited about getting to see a kickass action movie that's Die Hard in the White House.

Then you still have a shot to see Olympus Has Fallen. Cause that's the description of that film to a tee, people here, myself included were saying that back in March.

what tv spot showed?

Just a general impression of the trailers and commercials I've seen and being a bit of a news junkie.

I don't think most people are reading that deeply into the spots.

I hope not.  But the midnight numbers are what they are.  Maybe it's because of the type of film it is, in which case the weekend will recover.  Or maybe it's because of politics, in which case, the weekend will be bad.

OR maybe it's because the film just isn't going to hit with audiences for any of the myriad reasons some films just don't, and politics has nothing at all to do with it, in which case the numbers will be also be bad.

Basically- there's no real way of knowing.  I was just stating a suspicion.  Unless somebody wants to pony up the money for real focused audience polling, it'll never be more than that.  And I'm fine with that.

I hope the film does great.  (Well, that's not exactly true.  I hope it comes in second  to Man of Steel's winning the weekend, but that ain't gonna happen.   :D)

Edited by Brilliant Dynamite Neon

The thing with Deep Impact/Armageddon is...people actually knew Armageddon was coming out before Deep Impact as it had trailers in early 1998. WHD didn't even have trailers till AFTER OHF came out.

White House Down will disappoint because outside of the NBA Finals there wasn't much advertisement. This movie should of killed at the box office this weekend but due to poor marketing its only going to do ok.

The Heat had a terrible trailer but it will do good for a R rated comedy. 

Emmerich admitted he was playing politics in The Day After Tomorrow, a retarded choice because... look at how retarded that (and his films as a whole) was.

I like the Day after Tomorrow.

I get awesome gifs like

Posted Image

or was this 2012?

who cares i liked the both. Godzilla is the only film i dont like from him.

ETA Never mind wrong movies gif :lol: it's the dark knight

Edited by Dragon

I like the Day after Tomorrow.

I get awesome gifs like

Posted Image

or was this 2012?

who cares i liked the both. Godzilla is the only film i dont like from him.

You are joking right? That gif is from The Dark Knight Rises.

• Like 1

The thing with Deep Impact/Armageddon is...people actually knew Armageddon was coming out before Deep Impact as it had trailers in early 1998. WHD didn't even have trailers till AFTER OHF came out.

. You think after OHF came out would Sony would have step their game up. I thought they were going to in hard. All I got was crap.