#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/hollywoods-latest-bomb-white-house-down-struggling-friday-1200503228/

Hollywood’s Latest Bomb? ‘White House Down’ Struggling at the Box Office

“The $150 million action thriller, starring Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx, is the studio’s most expensive film of the summer but may debut as poorly as fourth place this weekend with a projected $27 million.

Not only are the early estimates soft for a project Sony bought in a record spec deal for $3 million in 2012, it’s actually worse than this year’s other White House thriller, “Olympus Has Fallen,” which opened to $30.8 million for Relativity Media on a much lighter budget ($70 million).

Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy’s “The Heat,” meanwhile, is sizzling in second place with approximately $40 million this weekend. The R-rated comedy, produced for $43 million, marks another hit collaboration between McCarthy and “Bridesmaids” director Paul Feig.

Disney’s “Monsters University,” still No. 1, eyes an  impressive $50 million weekend while “World War Z” rounds out the top 3 with $32 million, dropping only 52% week-to-week.

• Like 2

I love the movie and I will defend it til kingdom come but ed you trump me

Eh, someone pointed out to me it was on.

Plus I'm going ALL NIKKI tonight. Fuck it.

nikki's numbers sure are hilarious, however atleast we get super early ranges to have a laugh and giggle about :)

truth is though the actual estimates will prob fall in those ranges lol, where exactly only god knows and by god i mean rth :P

• Like 1

Why the fuck does catwoman open the tunnel again?

personal thoughts

one more option for possible escape route -----for 13 millions people(and,if they win,then one more possible route for armed force/rescue force,xxxx force to move in) 

Edited by rickfox
  • Like 1

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/hollywoods-latest-bomb-white-house-down-struggling-friday-1200503228/

Hollywood’s Latest Bomb? ‘White House Down’ Struggling at the Box Office

“The $150 million action thriller, starring Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx, is the studio’s most expensive film of the summer but may debut as poorly as fourth place this weekend with a projected $27 million.

Not only are the early estimates soft for a project Sony bought in a record spec deal for $3 million in 2012, it’s actually worse than this year’s other White House thriller, “Olympus Has Fallen,” which opened to $30.8 million for Relativity Media on a much lighter budget ($70 million).

Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy’s “The Heat,” meanwhile, is sizzling in second place with approximately $40 million this weekend. The R-rated comedy, produced for $43 million, marks another hit collaboration between McCarthy and “Bridesmaids” director Paul Feig.

Disney’s “Monsters University,” still No. 1, eyes an  impressive $50 million weekend while “World War Z” rounds out the top 3 with $32 million, dropping only 52% week-to-week.

That would be amazing for MU (-39%).  :wub: Strong numbers for both Heat and WWZ.  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

personal thoughts

one more option for possible escape route -----for 13 millions people(if they win,one more possible route for armed force/rescue force,xxxx force to move in) 

I was thinking that. Nolan never really showed why she did that.