Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

WEDNESDAY 6:45 AM: Here’s proof that minions will take over the world box office this weekend. Illumination Entertainment’s and Universal’s Despeciable me 2 grossed $4.7 million Tuesday night in 2,563 theaters with late shows beginning at 7 PM and continuing through Wednesday midnight. As a comparison, the recently released Monsters University grossed $3 million at late shows which began at 8 PM the Thursday before it opened.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/despicable-me-2-opens-with-huge-4-7m-late-shows/

• Like 3

Hell after PACIFIC RIM, What's left for the summer?? Not a great deal it seems which is boring.. I am interested to see how well the CONJURING does??? :thinking: 

I'm done with Summer movies after DM2. I have zero interest in anything else.

I may go see Grown Ups 2.

No the legs for IM3 have been terrible. 2nd biggest OW ever and look where it ended up.

Weird, but it never dawned on me how true this statement was. I think I only saw wow, huge opening and wow, huge total, but never put them together - that opening should have yielded a better gross. Ehh, oh well, Disney is rolling around in money, since it did hit some astronomical numbers WW. 

Not that impressive considering the ridiculous predictions in the last few days.

We're talking previews.....not Opening day and it the 17% holds up then that means it will open to 100 mill for the three day, which is what a lot of us have been saying.

• Like 2

We're talking previews.....not Opening day and it the 17% holds up then that means it will open to 100 mill for the three day, which is what a lot of us have been saying.

I don't think it's going to maintain a 17% advantage through the 5 days. That doesn't really make sense.