Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

Wow great opening for DM2. Looks like it's going to have strong word of mouth checking out the audience percentage on RT: 89% liked it with a 4.4/5 score (also certified fresh which I would not have guessed from the first preview). MU has a 4.2/5 with an 88% score. Will be interesting to see where it opens up this weekend, the marketing has been insane for it.

I have a feeling TLR is going to bomb, Depp or not. The reviews definitely did not help it. 10% with the Top Critics on RT...that's horrible.

Edited by somebody85

With 4.7 in previews, I think it could do 40 mill today.

I doubt it. TS3 did 41M off 4.5M midnights, and that was on a Friday. I'd think low 30s is the ceiling (which is still fantastic, obviously).

It has a multiplier around a 2.3. When TDkR opens 15m in front of and it wout gross by 40m than you know your movie has bad legs. Pirates DMC will also finish above it.  2nd biggest OW and can't even make it in the top 10 domestically.

TDKR opened in holidays proper and had lots of room to stretch its legs. IM3 was a May opener which was assualted with new release after new release after new release in the succeeding weeks. DMC did not come close to having so much competition.

That's pretty damn spectacular for an animated movie on a Tuesday night. Should do about 32 for opening day.

1.6 million for Lone Ranger is pretty bad, but it isn't straight up awful. It should do high single digits based on that number- not a midnight movie, at all. I see 8.6 opening day from that, at least. 

Gotta tell ya: I enjoy WOLVERINE and love the X-MEN movies involving him, but I just can't wrap my finger around why I just have no interest in this new movie?? Perhaps it's because him fighting the Samurai comes across as boring?? Hell, I don't know, but the marketing for it has been lackluster...

I agreed the trailer look generic and it looks like something is missing from the movie.

I have seen some people predicting 90m 5 day for DM2..that is a tad above the weekend gross of MU..are they CRAZY!!!! Minions are going to rock the animation planet...it might outgross MU by atleast 50m...

I did some sellout tracking in some of my usual areas in the South and East Coast, and DM2 did very, very well. TLR barely sold out anything, though it always had multiple showtimes. Kevin hart had to do at least 1 mill- it had crazy sellouts in some areas.