Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

So 400M is not happening after all.

350M should be the target.

Long live Ironman 3.

LOL that escalated quickly. I don't think it will make 400 million but it's way too early to say for sure. 

Edited by ban1o

No the legs for IM3 have been terrible. 2nd biggest OW ever and look where it ended up.

It's been having standard blockbuster sequel drops. Hasn't dropped over 60% yet (unlike a certain Man of Tin) but it's legs obviously haven't been TA or TDK level (few films that open that big can manage a 3+ multiplier).

so i guess bye bye my Nysm/TITE party :( Baumerrrr u promised me 125 minimum, remember?? :P + with WHD & TLR underperforming, nothing to root for :( except STID & IM3 late legs :wub:

NYSM and TITE were the two movies that most likely got hit the hardest with midnights for DM2 and TLR. Also they'll probably take a big hit on TC. I still think they can hit those numbers though. Again their great counter programming so..Solid holds for the rest considering the Canada Day boost. Great start for DM2 BTW. 4.7 for a Tuesday? That looks really good for a family movie.
  • Like 2

It's been having standard blockbuster sequel drops. Hasn't dropped over 60% yet (unlike a certain Man of Tin) but it's legs obviously haven't been TA or TDK level (few films that open that big can manage a 3+ multiplier).

Or TDKR level. 

Even with 3D, IM3 still fails to reach THE DARK KNIGHT RISES' DOM box office, most likely due to Christopher Nolan's brilliant dramatic direction and far more memorable villains.

:stirthepot:

This year so far we got nicknames include:

A Good Day to Flop Hard

Jack the Giant Flopper

Star Trek into Flopness

The Flopover Part 3

Flopic

After Flopping

Man of Flop

The Lone Flopper

And we will likely to get:

Flopacific Rim

Furpo

F.I.P.D (Flop in Peace Department)

The Wofloperine

The Flopurfs 2

Flop-Ass 2

Flopavity

Floparanormal Activity 5

Thor: The Flop World

The Flopper Games: Catching Fire

The Hobbit: The Flopolation of Smaug

47 Flopin

Anything missed ?

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 2

Can we stop with the DC/Marvel fanboy wars? They're exhausting to look at and just brings a shitty mood to threads. Is there a thread where they can just shit all over each other instead of bringing it everywhere?

Looking around my area showtimes are dramatically decreasing for NYSM, TiTE, Fast 6, and Star Trek. They will probably be all but gone from most theaters here next weekend when of course two more movies come out. If not, then July 19ths 4 fucking movies that nobody asked for will (aside from The Conjuring which looks awesome).

Edited by Witness
  • Like 2