Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

Its legs were actually GREAT for the superhero genre. And the truth is the general audience liked the movie very much even if you hated it.

There was NOTHING potent enough to compete against TDKR for weeks after its release. Didn't Bourne or Total Recall (don't remember which one) actually run away from TDKR much before its release? Also, it was July, the midst of holidays. Compare that to IM3 opening a horribly crowded May. The fact that IM3 will manage to get a 100M DOM increase over its predecessor despite the heavy competition just shows how much it appealed to audiences.

Also, it owned TDKR WW. :P

• Like 1

Connect Johnny Depp with Vivica Fox in 6 degrees of separation or less (without using Will Smith). :)

Posted Image

That's really easy.

Johnny Depp was in 21 Jump Street with Channing Tatum

Channing Tatum was in White House Down with Jami Foxx

Jamie Foxx was in Booty Call with Vivica Fox

• Like 2

The fact that IM3 will manage to get a 100M DOM increase over its predecessor despite the heavy competition just shows how much it appealed to audiences.

Actually it decreased 200M DOM ;)

• Like 1

I've liked every summer movie I've seen so far, except for WWZ. That was just boring and mediocre. Too bad there's nothing good coming out for the rest of summer except PR and Elysium.

There was NOTHING potent enough to compete against TDKR for weeks after its release. Didn't Bourne or Total Recall (don't remember which one) actually run away from TDKR much before its release? Also, it was July, the midst of holidays. Compare that to IM3 opening a horribly crowded May. The fact that IM3 will manage to get a 100M DOM increase over its predecessor despite the heavy competition just shows how much it appealed to audiences.

Also, it owned TDKR WW. :P

The only reason IM3 grossed more worldwide is 3D. And I wasn't even comparing IM3 to TDKR, only pointing out that TDKR had really strong legs. Go take a look at its run in the UK and compare it to TDK's. Similar opening, very similar legs and TDKR was dealing with a much worse market than TDK (exchange rate was much worse for the dollar in 2012 than 2008).

• Like 1

He still didn't write it. I'm tired of everyone complaining about the dialogue in MoS (which is bad at some point, I admit), and then going to complaining how Goyer ruined DKR. News flash: He didn't write any dialogue for DKR.

TDKR story was pretentious, redundant, boring and a letdown all by itself. Goyer did not need to write any dialogue to ruin it. In fact, I'd say Jonathan Nolan's TDKR dialogue actuallys makes that mess of a movie slightly rewatchable. Unlike MoS.

TDKR story was pretentious, redundant, boring and a letdown all by itself. Goyer did not need to write any dialogue to ruin it. In fact, I'd say Jonathan Nolan's TDKR dialogue actuallys makes that mess of a movie slightly rewatchable. Unlike MoS.

Well, I've seen MOS three times already sooo

• Like 1

Really, we're still talking about TDKR?

(loved it, absurdities and all)

With every post you make, I start liking you more.

The opening scene of TDKR was absolutely brilliant.

• Like 3

Asks the one who claimed to have slept through the movie. I wonder why you're so surprised...

I was attempting to be humorous there, cause there's so much action in MoS that one could forget there's dialogue involved.

He still didn't write it. I'm tired of everyone complaining about the dialogue in MoS (which is bad at some point, I admit), and then going to complaining how Goyer ruined DKR. News flash: He didn't write any dialogue for DKR.

Also, on a random note but something's that has been annoying: I hate when people argue opinions just by saying "Well, it's more popular so it's better." I'm not talking about if DM is more popular, it's my own opinion that Cloudy is better. [/endminirant]

There's nothing wrong with DKR. God, I hate the internet sometimes. 

• Like 4

I was attempting to be humorous there, cause there's so much action in MoS that one could forget there's dialogue involved.

Same on this side. It's a blockbuster... What did you expect? Drama and crying? You tell me a blockbuster that didn't have lots of action in it.