Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

The only $1 billion-grossers that I don't own are Pirates 4 and Alice. That's my litmus test.

*Checks Bluray and DVD collection*

The only ones I don't own are Star Wars Episode 1 and The Hobbit. But I will end up buying both sooner or later.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

FWIW, Shrek 2's adjusted Friday opening was $36.2m -- or $about $40m with 3D added in. I think that's a fair high-end benchmark for DM2 today, especially considering that S2 opened during school and burned off two days of demand before that.

Edited by ShawnMR

Imo TDK is best billion dollar film. And TDKR is worst. Such a strange dichotomy in quality for those two films

• Like 1

Imo TDK is best billion dollar film. And TDKR is worst. Such a strange dichotomy in quality for those two films

Well that's my #1 and #2 best Billion Dollar movies. Edited by #Despicable ED

TDKR ain't great, but seriously.. worse than Alice in Wonderland? That shit was toxic to consume. 4.7 is very good for DM2. I expect 30 for the day. 2 for LR isn't bad either, might do 10 today.

TDKR ain't great, but seriously.. worse than Alice in Wonderland? That shit was toxic to consume. 4.7 is very good for DM2. I expect 30 for the day. 2 for LR isn't bad either, might do 10 today.

Yeah, AIW is the worst $1b movie BY FAR. And what TLR does today will def be interesting, not sure what that $2m # means for its od.

So 400M is not happening after all.

350M should be the target.

Long live Ironman 3.

How do you figure? 4.7M is not enough. What would mean 400M is happening after all, 30M in previews, 80M in previews. I know 100M in previews would be the base for 400M, right?

Bay is one of the best directors working today. His films are all successful. Hate him all u want but i love everything anout his vision. Hes agenius.

• Like 3