Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

DM2 is going to be huge. The Minions are basically gremlins but they are good guys. Crowd loves them and they made the movie. Its going to have a lot of rewatchability.

• Like 1

DM2 is going to be huge. The Minions are basically gremlins but they are good guys. Crowd loves them and they made the movie. Its going to have a lot of rewatchability.

I still don't get it... *Scratches head*

• Like 1

So, uh, did we ever get any Kevin Hart numbers? Because it was selling out like gangbusters last night, and I'm interested in seeing if it did at least 500k in limited release last night. Seeing it tonight, TLR with the fam tomorrow, and I have a date to see DM2 Friday- hopefully all of them at least entertain me. 

I'm curious how the Minions movie next summer will do. 

So, uh, did we ever get any Kevin Hart numbers? Because it was selling out like gangbusters last night, and I'm interested in seeing if it did at least 500k in limited release last night. Seeing it tonight, TLR with the fam tomorrow, and I have a date to see DM2 Friday- hopefully all of them at least entertain me. 

Meanwhile Kevin Hart scored another surprising opening when his Let Me Explain stand-up concert pic from Lionsgate’s Summit Entertainment grossed $1.1M from Thursday late shows from only 876 locations.

http://www.deadline.com/tag/box-office/

Awesome numbers for Kevin Hart- dude's a champion. When Think Like A Man 2 opens to 40+ next summer, we will look back at this movie breaking out as even more proof of his star power. 

• Like 3

I don't know how anyone can think this has been a great summer for movies, especially after the truly awesome summers we had the last two years. IM3 was fun but forgettable, STID was better but still deeply flawed. Then you have Epic (fail), The Flopover, Welcome to After Urf, Man of Shit . . .

Come back Prometheus, all is forgiven  :lol:

MOS > Prometheus

• Like 4

Yep, worst scene in the movie. Something was definitely off with the pacing. Would be curious to see what the script looks like compared to the film to see if it was more from poor writing or poor editing.

That was the BEST scene in the movie for me. I cried, lol.

I understand why people like Minions/Gremlins. They are cute clever and mischievous. That just makes them funny.

If you don't take movies so seriously and have to analyze every single little thing, then these summer movies have been fun a, entertaining ride.

Edited by LeFlop James
  • Like 3

Didn't you say you cry in a lot of movies though? :lol:

I was just following the story as it was presented. I was in the moment. And it was a touching scene.

Yes I do cry at the movies. I laugh too. If it moves me I'll respond. :lol:

Edited by ECSTASY

Awesome numbers for Kevin Hart- dude's a champion. When Think Like A Man 2 opens to 40+ next summer, we will look back at this movie breaking out as even more proof of his star power.

Yeah Think Like a Man 2 could break out - and make 105-135 million domestically. That's what happens when you don't just advertise to black people lol (Tyler Perry, etc)