Mattrek

Early Tuesday estimates DM2 4.7 previews

• Founder / Operator

15M would mean a possible 70M over the first 5 days. How is that disappointing Nikki?

I was thinking $60m tops based off $15m. We have to keep in mind that Tuesday previews are skewing that number, not to mention that word of mouth isn't exactly stellar. Families could abandon it very quickly with their other options.

Besides that, I don't buy the early estimate of $15m. This is Nikki, after all.

This. I feel like more and more expectations for summer movies are getting out of proportion. Summer movies aren't supposed to be Oscar contenders, just like Oscar contenders aren't supposed to be summer movies.

To be fair, we have been spoiled the last few summers. After TS3/Inception in 2010, DHII in 2011 and TA/TDKR last year, it's not unreasonable to expect there to be at least one movie this summer that posts huge numbers AND is also a great movie. Nothing this summer has even come close to those films in quality, unless PR or Wolverine surprises.

Edited by Darth Homer

I was thinking $60m tops based off $15m. We have to keep in mind that Tuesday previews are skewing that number, not to mention that word of mouth isn't exactly stellar. Families could abandon it very quickly with their other options.

Stand by what I said; right or wrong. Lone Ranger will be out of the Top 5 next weekend.

• Like 1

And I don't know why people are THAT surprised by 15M for TLR. I've been telling you for weeks that it's going to do semi-decently (considering its budget, it's still a disaster, though).

• Founder / Operator

To be fair, we have been spoiled the last few summers. After TS3/Inception in 2010, DHII in 2011 and TA/TDKR last year, it's not unreasonable to expect there to be at least one movie this summer that posts huge numbers AND is also a great movie. Nothing this summer has even come close to those films in quality, unless PR surprises.

I definitely don't disagree. This summer has left me wanting in terms of quality, but that doesn't mean I haven't still enjoyed some films. This summer has definitely been more consistent in terms of quality, IMO, than recent summers.

• Like 3

To be fair, we have been spoiled the last few summers. After TS3/Inception in 2010, DHII in 2011 and TA/TDKR last year, it's not unreasonable to expect there to be at least one movie this summer that posts huge numbers AND is also a great movie. Nothing this summer has even come close to those films in quality, unless PR or Wolverine surprises.

People keep forgetting Elysium. 

Mattrek, I fully expect Crow to be served in the 30M+ OD club. :lol:

Nah I'm doing it backwards now. I congratulate those who are in and everyone else doesnt get credit. My last attempt didn't go over very well with most here, so I'm trying a new way.
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator

Nah I'm doing it backwards now. I congratulate those who are in and everyone else doesnt get credit. My last attempt didn't go over very well with most here, so I'm trying a new way.

I endorse your new method. ;)

I was thinking $60m tops based off $15m. We have to keep in mind that Tuesday previews are skewing that number, not to mention that word of mouth isn't exactly stellar. Families could abandon it very quickly with their other options.Besides that, I don't buy the early estimate of $15m. This is Nikki, after all.

One film will go up from estimates and one will go down methinks. Now I wonder which is which :P Edited by Minion Mattrek
  • Like 1

But it was a lot funnier.  :sadno:

But it was a lot funnier. :sadno:

I don't want to cause animosity, my only goal was to make sure that people were held accountable for their predictions. Too often on these boards people make wrong predictions and come back and say "haha see I was right it was a breakout". Though I will admit I may not have to even do that anymore. Most people here were very forthcoming about their predictions and I gained a lot of respect for people especially BKB who changed his UN without any bet or prompt from any member, which at BOM would've never happened.
  • Like 2

All you can is shrug your shoulders and hope the fall/winter is better, plus hope next summer is better too.

Let's just for fun say it does 15 mill today, if you use MIB2 as the basis for how the rest of the week(last time the 4th fell on a Thurs) will behave, it will look like this:

71.5 mill 5 day